The Accounting Internship is a tremendous hands-on opportunity to gain exposure to accounting operations, and the broader financial structure of a growing small business within the government contracting industry. Under the supervision of the CFO, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries, accounts payable source documentation gathering, invoice processing, payroll processing, month end closeout and financial reporting, and gain hands-on experience bookkeeping software. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for this internship, you should possess and understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback and eager to learn.
• Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports, such as income statements and balance sheets.
• Working with Costpoint bookkeeping software
• Working with Excel spreadsheets
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company.
• Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
• Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting. Graduate student applicants should have BA or BS in Finance/Accounting.
• Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
• Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent spreadsheet and excel knowledge
• High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
• Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible