Vice President of Service- CNC Machine Tools
- Posted: over a month ago
Can be located in either Fort Worth, TX or Sudbury, MA area.
Methods Machine Tools established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
VP of Service Delivery
Methods is looking for an experienced VP of Service Delivery who can implement a long range strategies and near term tactics that support Methods strategic and operational goals. This position reports to the CEO/ President of Methods, serving as the key interface with Service Delivery teams. We are specifically looking for a leader who has developed and scaled a Service Delivery team by implementing fully integrated ITSM systems, including building knowledge base and LMS training systems. The VP will have a history of developing and managing quality systems to maintain accurate documentation, manuals, guides tools, working with direct resources and Dealers. The VP represents the customer interests and will partner with the Sales, Engineering, Product Manager, Supply Chain and Finance teams to install, monitor and service all customer centric products and services. Your success as the VP of Service Delivery will be measured by your ability to grow and lead your team to deliver timely, high quality, and market-leading solutions.
The successful candidate should have excellent leadership skills and the ability to work with a talented team. The candidate will be responsible for meeting key performance targets and objectives that will be reviewed regularly. We are interested in enhancing efficiency, effective and making our Service department a competitive advantage such that our customers realize measurable superior value in our products and delivery.
- Capable of operating in a high growth business about to scale with close working relationships with Sales and Applications Engineering to create an unbeatable team.
- Consistently engage with clients to build relationships and understand how our performance is perceived and where gaps exist
- Look for opportunities to surpass clients' expectations
- Drives customer satisfaction through a laser focus on execution/fulfillment of the work
- Accountable for all aspects of the client experience and satisfaction
- Proven track record of developing and implementing state of the art Service ITSM system and processes, incorporating various communication tools and knowledge base.
- Experience in training LMS systems, and integration into an overall Service system.
- Maintain satisfactory levels of the Key Performance Indicators/Smart numbers
- Capable of developing and driving standards across a rapidly growing business, using new processes and tools to ensure excellent customer services.
- Improve/maximize efficiency and profitability of service delivery
- Accountable for defining and maintaining our service delivery product/boundaries
- Identify opportunities for growth and work with the appropriate team
- Responsible for the field assessments, installations and optimization of all hardware
- Oversees local dispatch and logistics operations for personnel and hardware needed in the fulfillment of customer installations
- Strategically work with Engineering, Product Manager, Sales, Supply Chain and Finance leaders in forecasting customer activity and resulting resource requirements; identifies and manages resources allocation and needed employee skill sets within the area based on forecasted work levels
- Responsible for overseeing expense budgets including labor and capital
- Ensures the financial and operational planning processes are tied to business planning processes
- Accountable for working with the GM's, senior leadership to meet or exceed regional P&L capital and forecasting specifically area controllable elements of the P&L
- Manages technical operations metrics cost control initiatives and complex strategy and activity
- Reviews and submits reports that provide critical data to drive ongoing operational performance improvement
- Creates and executes strategies to achieve business goals such as increasing revenues removing expenses and developing a skilled motivated satisfied and diverse workforce
- Oversees the workforce planning for service delivery for Methods
- Review service failures and prepare/deliver postmortem/root cause incident reports on both technical and process issues
- Conduct periodic operations reviews to review service product and support performance
- Perform trend analysis on both client raised and internally identified issues and lead team(s) to develop a resolution
- Monitors and analyzes all matters that impact the operational performance and takes appropriate action to address any trends
Skills and Requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, building, expanding and maintaining supportive relationships both internal/external
- Articulate, thoughtful communication skills and the ability to inform both technical/non-technical stakeholders with effective narrative, pitches, and thought-out plans
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing and driving to a business strategy/plan with impactful expected results
- Experience in ITSM and LMS system integration into an overall Service solution, to include distributed offices.
- Experience in laying out clear, repeatable Service process and procedures and aligning our systems and tools to maximize the effectiveness of our Service team members, with continuous improvement process.
- Experience negotiating, influencing, identifying, and managing complex partnerships considering all business structures, while staying ahead of the highly competitive technology products
- Forward thinking problem-solving and phenomenal analytical stills; finely tuned business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and collaborate with various organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs
- Bachelor's Degree required; MS preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience at an executive-level in a complex mid-size organization
- 10 years of experience must include a mix of operations, service delivery, process improvement and financial/analytical responsibilities including P&L
- Previous General Manager, VP Operations, AVP, or other similar level experience preferred
Methods Machine Tools
BusinessView all jobs at Methods Machine Tools