Meteor Education Castle Rock, CO
Castle Rock, CO
Expired: January 06, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Interior Designer
LOCATION: Denver, CO
DEPARTMENT: 4 Corners
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
JOB TYPE: Full time
COMPENSATION: $50k - $80k base salary dependent on experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Educational Interior Designer supports the sales effort by applying design expertise in the creation of design concepts, applying the Meteor Design Principles to achieve environments that are conducive to high impact learning for K-12 customers.
Guided by our Meteor Core Process that spans the Discovery, Create, Plan, Execute and Sustain phases, the Educational Interior Designer interfaces with other functional teams-Sales, Instructional Design, Project Coordination and Project Management in the customer journey.
- Attend project intake meetings with LES in person or on zoom to gather all the requirements of the project.
- Collaborate with LES and LEC to strategize on how to best address the customer’s needs.
- Must be able to work on Transactional and FIT projects within a Studio or the Fast Team.
- Develop conceptual design solutions that reflect the information gathered during the intake meeting. Solutions must reflect layout solutions that will be conducive to high impact student engagement integrating elements that address multiple modalities, technology, learner mobility, dynamic ergonomics and adaptability.
- Designer must work within budget constraints, timelines, recommending product solutions as discussed with LES.
- Willingness to elevate product knowledge and application by researching and keeping up with designing education environments, product options and industry trends.
- Specify all approved solutions spelling out model numbers, descriptions, finishes, custom items if any.
- Must give attention to detail that ensures accuracy of specifications and deliverables.
- Apply knowledge of ADA, Fire and Electrical codes.
- Create and present visual electronic sales tools such as 2D & 3D drawings, call outs and renderings for presentations based on standard deliverables per using Meteor software platforms.
- Perform self-spec check, prepare spec check packets for peer checks and participate in spec checking projects for other designers.
- Develop installation documentation that project managers will reference to ensure a smooth installation.
- Must show excellent communication skills when presenting to customers and with team members.
- Attend Studio activities – scheduled meetings and training. Build a strong relationship with Studio team members.
- Must be willing to travel to client meetings, company events, onboarding in Gainesville and training
- Must adhere to the Meteor Core Process.
- Work effectively with other functional teams to ensure success of a project.
- Adhere to Design Drawing and Process standards.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Interior Design required.
- Proficiency in Design technology, such as Autocad, Revit, CET, Power point presentations
- Experience in generating drawings and specifying products using furniture symbols.
- Some experience in working with Architects and trades helpful
- Experiences to Environments design experience helpful
- Highest level communication, presentation and technical development skills.
- Exceptional ethical and professional standards. Full cultural alignment with the values of the company.
- Understanding of principles of organizational development and design.
- Entry Level, preferably in the same or similar industry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Must be willing to travel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Meteor EducationCastle Rock, CO
Get fresh Interior Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.