A Project Manager at METCO manages all aspects of a variety of construction and energy
related projects, and is responsible for delivering optimum client satisfaction through
time-efficient and cost-effective project execution and completion. With a strong technical
background and experience leading teams, the Project Manager is also responsible for tracking and managing the project scope, schedule and budget requirements along with recording and maintaining required documentation.
- Provide daily construction, administrative and technical management of renewable construction projects delivering energy savings for public, institutional, government and commercial customers;
- Generate and produce meeting minutes and appropriate correspondences required for contract compliance.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager as required with project accounting, budgeting, project schedule and tracking, reporting quality management and internal communications;
- Assist the Engineering and Development team and the Senior Project Manager in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation and project scheduling;
- Regularly monitor assigned project performance and cost estimates to forecast estimates through to project completion for reasonableness against plans and actual expense rate;
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in managing vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control, project delivery on time and on budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations;
- Directly manage construction managers (site supervisors) as assigned to ensure quality control, project delivery on time and on budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations;
- Maintain and update project schedules to reflect current information, monitor critical path activities and tracking of outstanding items;
- Provide a detailed 2 week look schedule to facilitate customer coordination and planning;
- Assist the Senior Project Manager in managing project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, payment reporting, monthly forecasting and tracking;
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, customer and jurisdictional safety standards, practices and codes;
- Manage METCO purchased material and equipment by coordination, delivery, receive and inspection
- Witness and inspect subcontractor work for quality control, cost control, schedule and completeness.
- Perform other duties as required.
● Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction, Project Management, or
● Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in construction project management,
focusing on facility infrastructure construction, upgrades, renovations, retrofits, controls
and automation, and energy technology
● Knowledge: Construction Management software tools and/or software (such as Revit,
BIM, etc.), plus proficiency in a Windows-based computer environment and with
Microsoft Office Suite programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel
● Prefer PMP certification
● Proven track record of managing multiple projects for building technologies
simultaneously, with on-time and within-budget delivery, and of fostering positive
business relationships with clients
● Experience with safety standards compliance and reporting, mechanical and electrical
system development, and project management practices, codes, and regulations
● Must be self motivated, and demonstrate responsiveness
● Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
● Must possess strong written and oral communication skills for clear and effective
interaction with clients and others
● Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work well with others
● Must maintain confidentiality
● Location: Houston, Texas
● Status: Full-Time
● Classification: Non-exempt
● Position Supervised: APM & PE
METCO Engineering Inc. establishes great pride in fostering infinite learning opportunities for our specialized team. The complexity of our projects intellectually stimulates brilliant minds capable of innovating and implementing all of the energy needs of our client companies. Personal and professional development is woven into the fabric of the company, and our work-friendly policies, benefits program, forward thinking environment and growth opportunities are especially designed to attract creative minds from various disciplines.
METCO Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. METCO Engineering Inc. is a background screening, drug-free workplace.