Position: IT Support Specialist
Duration: 5 Months
Location: Somerville, MA
- The IT Support specialist will assist team members with inventory, preparing and deploying machines and answering questions from clients.
- Troubleshooting and repairing both PC and Mac computers (desktops, laptops, mobile devices) with both hardware and software issues, and peripheral devices for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Researchers.
- Performing computer network connectivity troubleshooting and data back-ups.
- Imaging and preparing new computers. Re-imaging existing computers.
- Entering computers into inventory and cleaning up existing inventory.
- Performing operating system updates and software installs.
- Configuring and troubleshooting email problems, virus/malware issues.
- Utilizing Service Now (ticketing system), Ivanti (desktop management tool), SCCM (Endpoint management tool), Bomgar (remote support tool), OnPage (paging tool), and Trend Micro anti-virus software.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned based on the candidate’s interests and skills.
- Logical concise writing skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi task as needed and effectively navigate shifting priorities.
- Flexibility & adaptability to work effectively as a member of team as well as working independently.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skill. Ability to work in sitting and standing positions, lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Ability and desire to learn independently when given a set of resources to draw from.
- Basic technology (computer/mobile devices) troubleshooting skills.