Truck Driver - CDL Class A - No Overnight Travel Required
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, 401k,
Metals USA is seeking CDL Class A Truck Drivers in Greensboro NC. Metals USA is a solid, growth oriented, carbon-steel (plate, beam, tube) distribution center servicing the defense, commercial, construction, aerospace and fabrication industries.
- Drives a forty (40) foot flatbed truck to transport & deliver materials.
- Maneuvers trucks into loading & unloading positions.
- Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe & courteous manner and complies with all local, state, and federal regulations. Must complete the electronic daily log as required by FMCS regulations.
- Secures loaded cargo on or within the vehicle by use of tie-downs, chains, benders and/or straps.
- Tarps & straps all loads before transport, and untarps & unstraps all loads at delivery destination.
- Inspects & maintains vehicle daily, completes driver’s log and ensure compliance with FMCSR.
- Picks up & accurately delivers merchandise and corresponding paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensures customer messages/communications are relayed to Metals USA management, customers & vendors.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- CDL Class A License – current and in good standing
- Must have heavy hauling experience; 3-5 years driving experience transporting heavy industrial loads
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical & random screen in accordance with FMCS regulations
- Valid and current CDL driver’s license in good standing required
If interested, please forward your resume to: LWhite@metalsusa.com
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits plus upward professional growth. EOE, Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Metals USA