The Warehouse Worker is responsible for the support of shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid Progressive Alloy Steels Unlimited, Inc. The Warehouse Worker is also expected to process each order error free and complete the necessary paperwork and computer date entries associated with the production process.
As a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Warehouse Worker position. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Load and unload material from delivery trucks.
- Prepare items for shipments according to customer specifications and delivery dates.
- Prepare packing lists for orders.
- Measure materials upon arrival to the warehouse in raw, uncut form and check the gauge of materials using a micrometer.
- Record measurement data gathered into computer system and generate tags to be placed on the appropriate material.
- Pull and stage material according to the bill-of-lading and perform all dock audits to ensure the correct material is shipped to the customer.
- Obtain proof of identity from carriers and appropriate signatures on bill-of-ladings.
- Safely drive the Hi-lo through the plant to move material and skids to designated areas and operate the overhead crane to move material from machine to packaging.
- Use precision when operating tools such as tape measures, micrometers, nibblers and calipers
- Maintain shipping supplies.
- Learn to operate saws and other equipment within the warehouse.
- Keep immediate work area clean and organized throughout the day.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Operate with high integrity, maintaining positive relations with co-workers, customers, and supplier
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to measure using different tools
- Exceptional reading and math skills
- Good organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction
- Computer skills necessary