Metalcraft Inc. is an AS9100 certified aerospace manufacturing Machine shop. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and provide services that solve the most complex problems. Metalcraft Inc is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, 5AX and 4AX milling machines, and precision grinders to make metal parts, fixtures, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Knowledge of machine operations to develop code to control machine operations.
- Prepare process plans, including positioning of carriage and/or tool, rate of feed, speed of rotation, tool changes, type of tool, sequence of operations and other variables.
- Determines the suitability of a part for automation and may determine the appropriate machine assignments on the basis of efficiency and quality requirements.
- Works with minimal supervision and may provide work training and direction to others.
- Assignments tend to be more complex, with unusual shapes, sizes, finishes and materials.
- Short runs on valuable and complex parts may mean that there is less opportunity to use trail runs to fine-tune programs.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- This position requires standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, squatting, walking, reaching and grasping.
- Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception, color recognition and adjusting focus.
- 3+ years as a CNC Programmer – 3 Axis, 4 Axis, 5 AxisVertical and Horizontal machines preferred.
- 3+ years as a CNC Programmer –GibbsCAM Software
- Create toolpath geometry Using GibbsCam or Mastercam.
- Understands, interprets and edits G-code programming.
- Experience in an ISO or AS certified environment.
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Understand and conform to relevant areas of the Quality Manual, Quality Procedures and Training. Set up, run and maintain CNC Mills, and run backup operations on CNC Lathes.
- Understand and input all relevant process and In-Process data into ERP system during part run.
- Perform program edits as required to adjust variables such as offsets.
- Set up machines and completely and independently perform any operation/s within its capacity and make all necessary machine adjustments.
- Understand and be certified for the use and care of basic metrology, i.e. micrometers, etc...
- Understand and read blueprints, i.e. part views, definitions and footnotes.
- Be attentive and prompt to load and unload production parts at beginning or end of single or flow cycle, as well as, keep up with off line support tasks, i.e. deburring, sawing, bead blasting, insert installations, etc...
- Maintain awareness about cutting tool malfunctions, burr development, chip evacuation and coolant flow problems. Report areas of concern to an Intermediate or Senior level Machinist. Complete de-burr of all machine parts.
- Works with inspection department as required in the performance of responsibilities.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as, but not limited to, engineering drawings, tool designs, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak and present information as may be needed to individual or small groups.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations, proportions, percentages, fractions, circumference etc. in the course of assigned job scope.
- Ability to read and write as may be required to complete work orders or for other job-related communication needs.
- Must have thorough understanding of CNC machine function and G-Code language.
- Must have experience working with Controls .
- Must be able to interpret B/P’s, Mfg. work instructions (written), M.O.T’s, etc.
- Must be familiar with cutting tools and their nomenclature (identification).
- Quality minded at all times.
- GD&T experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma.
- 5 Years of Experience in an Aerospace Machine Shop