Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have you always had a natural way with people? Are you good with your hands? Do you think “yes” before “no?” Are you solutions driven and take pride in customer service? These traits could make you the perfect fit for a job with variety and great compensation as part of a rapidly expanding organization.
Metal Supermarkets is the world’s largest supplier of small-quantity metals with stores across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. We sell various metal products and cutting services to businesses and consumers. Our customers love us because of our outstanding customer service. We’re fast, friendly, convenient, and knowledgeable, and we’re passionate about service.
WHY JOIN THE METAL SUPERMARKETS TEAM?
We offer competitive wages, opportunities for wage increases, standard work hours – no shift work here, comprehensive training, health care benefits, and annual salary reviews. We’ve built a strong team culture. Turnover is low because our staff loves the camaraderie, the environment, and the work.
Want to learn more about Metal Supermarkets?
POSITION: CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Your primary responsibility will be to address the service needs of Metal Supermarkets’ customers. You’ll spend the day on your feet, moving between our customer service counter, the office, and the shop floor. Orders and inquiries are received via phone, email, and walk-ins. You’ll consult with trade professionals and do-it-your-selfers, assisting in their material needs and working to find solutions.
Your people skills will make customers feel welcome, validated, and well-served. When a customer leaves, they leave with their orders, confident and satisfied, knowing their experience with Metal Supermarkets was a positive one. As you juggle several demands, it will take strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail. We’ll train you to operate our machines and work with different metals. We can teach you the rest if you’re customer-focused, passionate about service and customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude, and are solutions-driven and motivated to learn.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? THE RIGHT FIT!
- POSITIVE INTERACTIVE / PEOPLE SKILLS – People-friendly. You love to help and work with the public
- CUSTOMER-ORIENTED – Patient; empathic; providing excellent service and solutions to our customers
- THINKS “YES” BEFORE “NO” – Positive attitude and solutions driven
- MOTIVATION & ENTHUSIASM – Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Meticulous. You understand details make a difference
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – With multiple projects on the go, you are able to stay organized to serve customers quickly and efficiently.
- TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS – Multiple customer and order timelines. You know how to keep on schedule
- PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES – Confidence in troubleshooting, investigating, and providing solutions
- ADAPTABILITY – Flexibility to respond to a variety of situations and requests
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide consistent, superior customer service, ensuring all customer needs and requests are identified and addressed, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Acknowledge and respond in a timely fashion to all order requests, submitted quotes, and delivery follow-up
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Recognize opportunities to generate sales leads and new customer development
- Support the achievement of sales/budget targets, which includes maintaining stock control and gross margins while managing cost budgets
- Entering and updating customer information into our Point of Sale software, as needed
- Accepting cash and taking credit/debit card payments
- Minimum one year of proven customer service experience
- Computer skills such as MS office, etc., are a definite asset
- Clear communication and effective listening skills
- Exceptional telephone skills and etiquette
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Spanish speaking preferred.
- Strong math skills; mathematically inclined
WORKING @ METAL SUPERMARKETS:
POSITION: Permanent Full Time
HOURS: Regular business hours Monday to Friday
Metal Supermarkets San Jose
2413 Zanker Rd
San Jose CA 95131
Metal Supermarkets - San Jose
2413 Zanker RdSan Jose, CA
Get fresh Helping Hands Customer Service jobs daily straight to your inbox!