Extrusion Machine Operator - Baytown, TX
Extrusion Operator sets up manufacturing machine lines for production polymer pipes. Responsible for the safe production of extrusion profiles that meet or exceed company standards in quality and output levels in a timely manner. These standards enable us to provide a quality product/service to ensure our customer’s satisfaction.
- Previous steel manufacturing experience
- Previous plastic extrusion machine operations experience
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Able to work a 12 hour rotating shift every 2 weeks
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Responsible for adhering to all Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Operate assigned extruders to produce profiles that meet established quality standards.
- Responsible for the proper set-up and start-up of production in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for properly informing the Plant Lead Technician of any problems that may affect profile quality, safety or extruder operation throughout the entire shift. If no Lead Tech, then inform the Superintendent on duty.
- Ensure machines are running at optimal manufacturing settings which may include purge plastic, clean die sleeves, extruder head tear down and cleaning and machine tooling changes (change out die sizes)
- Programing of HMI to run specs on extruder
- Line startup with splicing plastic to pipe and setting cooling lines
- Quality control: inspect pipe with UT gauge, adjust vacuum tanks for correct pipe OD and adjust extruded rpms for correct pipe OD and thickness
- Forklift operations to load new pipe reels into warehouse/shop floor and clean scrap materials out of warehouse
Move 150ton reels with overhead crane
- All other duties as assigned by Plant Lead Tech, Superintendent and/or Management.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Ability to perform all Extrusion Machine Operator duties; use good judgment; communicate accurately & effectively both by oral & written means; courage to act; ability to work under pressure; drive & initiative; be flexible; provide accurate information all the time; timeliness; and demonstrate mechanical ability.
- GED or High School Education.
Note: Full benefits are only offered once temporary assignment ends and permanent employment begins.