Metal Sales is the nation's largest manufacturer of metal roofing and building systems with 21 locations across America. Our branch located in Deer Lake/Orwigsburg, PA has openings on our production team for Production Workers operating Steel Coil Mills, Steel Bending Equipment and Forklift Material Handlers.
This is a permanent full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive pay!
Regular hours for this position are Sunday to Thursday 9:30 pm to 7:00 am. Overtime including working on weekends may be required.
A Production Worker is one of the key members of our production team. Daily responsibilities include safely operating roll formers, coil slitters, and flat sheet shears. The finished product is quality metal roofing and wall panels.
You’ll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Operating a roll former to produce metal roof and side panels
- Checking and visually inspecting produced panels against specifications to ensure a defect free product has been produced
- Installing panel dies during tooling change and adjusting to panel specifications
- Entering production quantities for each order into computer system
- Operating a forklift for positioning coils at un-coiler
- Operating overhead cranes to changes dies
- Loading trucks for shipment
- Transporting materials via forklift
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and organized work environment and assisting in other departments as needed
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production environment
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to work independently and with others
- High school diploma or GED
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to read, hear, talk, drive lift trucks, wear PPE, and lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Must be able to stand or walk approximately 7 ½ hours minimum per work shift
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in the winter and summer months
- Noise level is moderate to loud
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive base pay with quarterly incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (eligible after 30 days)
- Paid time off and paid holidays (eligible immediately)
- 401K with company match
- Wellness Program
- And more!!!
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V
Metal Sales’ commitment to environmental sustainability focuses on three primary areas: (1) manufacturing products that enhance and improve the environmental footprint for the structures on which they are used, and educating key audiences about the environmental benefits of these products; (2) operating all aspects of our business such that we constantly monitor our environmental footprint, and educate our associates about the importance of the actions we take to reduce it; (3) and partner with organizations that are equally committed to build sustainable social responsibility.
Metal Sales Manufacturing CorporationMetal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is the premier nationwide provider of metal panels for the commercial, agricultural and residential construction industries. Metal Sales inspires construction professionals and building owners with design solutions that offer a longer life cycle, lower maintenance and higher resale value than traditional building materials. With the industry's largest and most knowledgeable sales and technical support team, Metal Sales has the expertise to address today's challenges in high-performance, sustainable and Net-Zero building. Metal Sales has outreach around the world, delivering outstanding roof, wall and fascia metal panels from its 21 facilities throughout the U.S. Metal Sales’ commitment to environmental sustainability focuses on three primary areas: (1) manufacturing products that enhance and improve the environmental footprint for the structures on which they are used, and educating key audiences about the environmental benefits of these products; (2) operating all aspects of our business such that we constantly monitor our environmental footprint, and educate our associates about the importance of the actions we take to reduce it; (3) and partner with organizations that are equally committed to build sustainable social responsibility.