Senior Facilities Engineer/Facilities Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Facilities Engineer will manage Facilities Engineering & Maintenance activities of our Facilities in Emeryville. This person must have experience in supporting Facilities - this includes environmental monitoring, HVAC, RO/DI, process gas, electrical controls and other utility systems required for support of a regulated manufacturing environment in addition to general facility management including GMP and lab operations, and office space, as well experience in capital project planning and/or execution. The engineer will support/lead facility related continuous improvement activities from feasibility, plan, implementation and release. The Engineer will also be responsible for managing the calibration of equipment under a metrology program and participate and own deviation/OOT/risk assessment activities pertaining to facilities.
About the Role
- Supervises, coordinates, and performs facilities support work, including coordination of contractor and vendor services, facilities planning, construction procurement, facility repair, supply ordering and delivering, document retention and special facilities requests.
- Coordinates equipment services including calibration, maintenance, service contract renewal, software and hardware upgrades and validation/qualification activities for existing equipment. Maintain equipment database information including updating database when equipment moves, new equipment comes in and equipment is decommissioned or when equipment standards are updated
- Writes, edits, and reviews Calibration SOP’s for individual instrument calibrations to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Oversees space planning, seating allotment and move, add, change processes
- Reviews and maintains turnover packages for equipment and facilities.
- Supports Validation in executing OQ tests during the startup of new equipment.
- Aids senior management in planning and managing of OPEX for Facilities.
- Contribute in CapEx planning, and execution as needed.
- Relevant experience in biopharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Leadership or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience with capital projects in manufacturing, lab, and office spaces.
- Experience with pharmaceutical or biotechnology manufacturing equipment, GMP clean rooms, laboratory system operations, including building automation systems, HVAC, electrical, chiller clean compressed gasses and plumbing systems.
- Demonstrated abilities and evidence of training in repair, operation, and troubleshooting of process and utility systems.
- Experience with GMP systems such as Veeva Vault, and / or Track Wise, Blue Mountain or the like or similar software is highly preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills at individual, team, and organizational levels.
- Ability to coordinate activities and make critical decisions related to facility issues and emergencies.
- Proficiency in Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and GMP documentation review
- Ability to handle multiple priorities within rapid timelines to meet project team goals and support GMP manufacturing.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with internal business partners.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and growth environment
- We are passionate about developing technologies derived from microbial-rich ecosystems that have the power to enable therapeutic development and the potential to cure devastating disease.
- We have cultivated an amazing culture that values teamwork, curiosity, scientific rigor, and fun.
- Metagenomi offers competitive salary, annual target bonus, equity in an early-stage startup, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including 401(k) matching, a retirement safe harbor plan, and other perks.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. Metagenomi provides an open, collegial, and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Real EstateView all jobs at Metagenomi