Senior Full Stack Developer
- Posted: 14 days ago
MetaPhase Consulting is currently supporting the Department of State to modernize a critical HR application by leveraging open source technologies following agile. The cloud based application includes middleware microservices, frontend user interfaces, and backend databases/APIs.
MetaPhase Consulting is seeking a Full Stack Developer with 8+ years of experience to join a cross functional agile development team to deliver a custom cloud application in support of a critical federal program. The senior developer will lead the technical team in architecting and developing cloud based applications, which will include middleware microservices, frontend user interfaces, and backend databases/APIs. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the system architecture using best practices in an Agile and DevOps environment to promote continuous integration and development. The developer/engineer will also support junior and mid-level developers by providing direction and mentoring. In addition, the developer/engineer will provide technical support and expertise across other projects and corporate efforts (e.g. proposals).
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience developing mid to large complex custom software development including experience in agile, cloud, and DevOps
- Experience architecting, designing, developing and maintaining solutions in CI/CD pipeline environment using collaborative software development and tools including: AWS and Azure DevOps, Git management system (GitHub, GitLab, etc.), automated API testing (Postman); CircleCI, Jenkins, or similar pipeline implementation
- Strong communication skills and collaborative approach with clients, team members and partners to play an active role in agile ceremonies (e.g. backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives)
- Experience serving as a lead for mid-size development teams and mentoring junior and mid-level developers
- U.S. Citizen and Clearable (Active Secret Clearance Preferred)
- Lead and collaborate with fellow developers to apply test driven development principles to develop, enhance, and sustain medium to large complex applications in a cloud environment
- Collaborate with customer product owners and cross-functional agile team to support working sessions and to evaluate, define, and prioritize requirements/features/user stories
- Lead technical research/analysis of user stories and contribute to backlog refinement and sprint planning by leading estimates, task breakdowns, and developer assignment
- Help create and maintain fully automated CI build processes for multiple environments including set-up, integration of automated testing, maintenance and ongoing development of continuous development/integration infrastructure.
- Design and develop new software components or major enhancements to existing software while ensuring compliance with Cyber Security and Federal IT security standards (i.e., NIST) as well as Section 508 accessibility requirements
- Onboard, train, provide management support and mentor junior and mid-level development team members
Washington DC - Current exceptions for full telework during COVID-19 pandemic
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related field
U.S. Citizen and Clearable (Active Secret Clearance Preferred)
About MetaPhase Consulting
MetaPhase Consulting is different with a purpose - demonstrating a new approach to the industry that puts employees and culture first! We continue to be recognized by industry as one of the fastest growing and most impactful consultancies in the nation, and are aggressively hiring to grow our team:
- Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Company - 2020, 2021, 2022
- Washington Technology Fast 50 Award - 2020, 2021
- Financial Times America's Fastest Growing Companies – 2021, 2022
Best Places to Work
- Washington Post Best Places to Work – 2022
- Washington's Business Journal’s Best Places to Work – 2021, 2022
- Virginia Business Magazine's Best Places to Work – 2021, 2022
- Northern Virginia Technology Council Top 100 Technology Firms – 2020
Company & Individual Awards
- 2021 Washington Business Journal Small Business - CEO of the Year
- 2021 FedScoop 50 - Industry Leadership Award Nominee
- 2021 Moxie Award Finalist
- 2022 SECAF Government Contractor Awards ($27.5 to $50 Million in Revenue)
- 2022 FedScoop Best Bosses Finalist – Brett McLaren
- 2022 Washington Business Journal 40 under 40 - Brett McLaren
- 2022 FedHealth IT and G2XChange Women in in Leadership Awards – Beth Angerman
MetaPhase Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other factors protected by federal, state, or local law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?