- $67,000 to $77,000 Yearly
The Community Pastor will be an effective leader, organizer, and communicator who serves as part of the MetaChurch Executive Team in leading MetaChurch operations at both the central and venue levels.
The Community Pastor is responsible for building and supporting the Life Team network, overseeing the creation and implementation of Life Classes, resourcing and supporting Meta’s Social Action initiatives, and operating as a key member of the MetaChurch Executive Team. The Community Pastor is successful when MetaChurch has strong community in Life Teams, a congregation that is spiritually, emotionally, financially, and relationally healthy through Life Classes, and a sizable and sustainable Social Action footprint in the San Antonio community.
- Manage and lead the 2nd and 3rd Circle MetaChurch Ministry (Life Teams [small groups], Life Classes [spiritual formation programs], and Social Action)
- Serve as a visible and accessible leadership presence at weekend services
- Assist in developing an annual departmental budget and managing spending according to budget
- Pastoral Ministry On-Call rotation (funerals, weddings, and counseling)
- Lead the Prayer Team as part of the MetaChurch weekend services
- Manage Life Team coordinator - resourcing, setting expectations, and holding them accountable to ensure their success
- Oversee Life Team unity through team structure, health, and multiplication
- Help Recruit, train, equip & encourage Life Team leaders
- Meet monthly with leaders maintaining a healthy coaching relationship
- Implement Life Team recruitment methods and training processes
- Create a network of effective and consistent classes/programs that equip people to live out their God-given purpose
- Develop and maintain classes that lead people to live relationally, spiritually, financially, and emotionally healthy lives
- Train and empower volunteer leaders to assist in leading Life Classes
- Become proficient with the Meta-Narrative process (A narrative based counseling/diagnostic tool that we use in counseling on an individual basis and have developed into a class that is the starting point for our Life Class process)
- Manage Social Action Coordinator - resourcing, setting expectations, and holding them accountable to ensure their success
- Oversee Social Action events and initiatives to ensure sustainability, impact, and effectiveness
- Partner with Social Action Coordinator to continually expand Meta’s network of strategic partners
- Develop key metrics and measurement tools to assess Meta’s Social Action impact
- Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning, and overall direction of church staff
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing administrative duties, finance, human resources, supply and facilities management
- Establish and maintain a set of key results through consistent accountability practices that provide the Senior Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the organization
- Conduct staff meetings in the absence of the senior pastor. Staff meetings are designed for team building, transfer of vision, and ministry coordination
- Preaching Sunday Services as assigned. Rep count anywhere from 4-15 Sundays a year, depending on the preaching calendar. Community Pastor should be capable of creating and executing stand-alone series
1207 Richland Hills DriveSan Antonio, TX
Get fresh Community Pastor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.