The Business Banker I is responsible for the business development efforts within an assigned market area, culminating in the creation of new or enhanced deposit relationships and the production of a variety of business, commercial and agricultural loans. Accountable for coordination of development strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building relationships with customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Seek out prospective business/corporate clients and actively solicit high quality new loan business.
- Meet with customers, listen to their needs and goals and propose recommendations on how they can meet these goals.
- Initiate sales and cross-sell full range of banking services to present and potential customers.
- Develop strong professional relationships with members of the bank's other departments, as well as external representatives.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Approve loan within specified limits or recommends loan to loan committee for approval.
- Must effectively communicate credit processes, decisions and available services.
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Service loan portfolio to ensure compliance with loan policy, approval conditions, and approved financing plans.
- Maintain database and monitor performance of loans.
- Take steps necessary to collect loans designated for collection and minimize risk to the bank.
- Make consistent cross selling efforts with customers in the office on a daily basis
- Demonstrate personal commitment to excellence in sales and service to customers and other employees.
- Complete inspections to insure bank is adequately collateralized and inventories pledged for securities are identifiable and satisfactorily maintained.
- Maintain current knowledge of financial markets, trends, and technology.
- Participate in community or other service programs to develop goodwill as a resource to solicit new business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years of banking experience and/or training in a financial institution preferred.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
This position is largely self-directed, and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Lifting requirement - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with interruptions and/or distractions.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Location: Brookings, SD