Research Scientist, Applied Core ML
- Expired: December 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meta is seeking a Research Scientist to join our AI organization. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computational statistics, particularly including areas such as sequential decision making, reinforcement learning, deep learning and data representation. The ideal candidate will have an interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology to make computers smarter, and an equal interest in taking new research findings in this area and implementing it towards product needs. Our mission is to facilitate the execution of the many parallel, multi-step, long-term, personalized routines we encounter in our lives in the future Metaverse. We facilitate this through proactive and sequential decision making. We’re looking for people who want to shape this future technology and explore this exciting new territory with us.
- Help advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Work on a single large initiative or multiple projects of high complexity/scope where you can define a fairly clear long term objective with short and medium term sub-tasks as milestones
- Lead research to advance the science and technology of sequential decision making
- Work towards long-term ambitious research to production goals, while identifying intermediate milestones
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications
- Establish strong connection with cross-functional partners and contribute research with the goal of applying to Meta's product development
- Lead and collaborate on research projects within a team
- Design policies, processes, procedures, methods, tests, and/or components, from the ground up for end-to-end systems
- Experience holding a faculty, industry, or government researcher position
- Ph.D. and publications in machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Proven track record of recent and consistent publication/citation history
- Experience leading a team in solving modeling problems using AI/ML approaches
- Experience in theoretical and empirical research and for addressing research problems
- Experience communicating research for public audiences of peers
- Experience in developing and debugging in Python, C/C++, or C#
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- 2+ years of work experience post PhD in a university, industry, or government lab(s), in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
- 2+ years of experience as technical lead for a project of 2-3 individuals. First-author publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI)
- Experience with interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural collaboration
- Experience bringing machine learning-based products from research to production
ScienceView all jobs at Meta
Get fresh Applied Research Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.