The Volunteer & In-Kind Gift Coordinator directly supports the Development Department in the smooth and efficient coordination of volunteers and in-kind donations.
This is a part-time position requiring approximately 15-20 hours/week. Time commitment will vary throughout the year with the busiest time occurring between October and December.
Please note that, during normal operations, a significant portion of this role involves working with onsite volunteers. Due to the pandemic, these activities have been temporarily suspended and the bulk of the workload through January of 2021 will involve coordinating holiday gift donations and other activities outlined below.
We are seeking a permanent employee but are open to a temporary hire provided the right candidate is available through mid-January.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Maintain a “wish list” of in-kind donation needs
· Seek and distribute donated in-kind items to all Meta House programs
· Work with staff to determine one-time or ongoing volunteer needs, then match and/or recruit volunteers to meet those needs
· Work with agency social media to share volunteer and donation needs
· Coordinate volunteers and meal donations for programming as requested
· Assist with development department events as needed
· Onsite coordination of department correspondence
Marginal Functions of the Job
· Serve as occasional back-up to reception desk, providing coverage for lunch, breaks, vacations and unscheduled days off.
· Help monitor social media questions and comments on Meta House page/posts
· Participation in United Way Speakers’ Bureau as requested by the development department and attending networking meetings with other agency partners (most meetings currently happening in a virtual environment)
· Database support
· Occasional night and weekend availability will be required
· Other duties as may be periodically or permanently assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Human Service related field preferred
· Experience working in Social Services and as part of a team
Other Skills Preferred
· Ability to work effectively with people
· Ability to demonstrate a mature approach to problem solving
· Organizational and planning skills
· Computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and other applications
· Experience working with women with substance use disorder/mental health diagnoses
· Knowledge of trauma-informed services
· Excellent written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and within the confines of deadlines
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
· Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
· Able to climb stairs
· Able to hear, understand and talk clearly to people over the phone and in person
· Able to read material such as mail and the computer screen
· Able to tolerate and work with a moderate amount of noise
· Able to lift 15 to 25 pounds
· Able to travel within the community. Must have own vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and insurance.
· Able to adhere to non–smoking environment requirements
· Immunizations or proof of exemption for same required
· Reports to: Director of Development
Meta House is a Milwaukee-based nonprofit that ends the generational cycle of addiction by healing women and strengthening families. The organization has been providing gender-responsive, trauma-informed, evidence-based treatment for women for over 50 years. Learn more at www.metahouse.org.