Residential Support Specialist - 2nd or 3rd Shift only!
Meta House Milwaukee, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Residential Support Specialist (RSS) provides a safe and organized environment for residential treatment by supervising the clients and maintaining the daily schedule.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Provide a safe, healthy, and therapeutic environment for mothers and children
· Monitor and record the proper self-administration of resident medication
· Enforce house rules, regulations and policies with residents
· Uphold, understand, and review all policies, procedures as outlined by Employee Handbook and CBRF regulations
· Follow protocol, policies and memo deadlines
· Attend RSS meetings, required trainings and in-services as assigned
· Engage, attend, and complete all required training, in-service, and health regulations deemed necessary by policies and regulations
· Attend staff meetings and reports to insure adequate communication with other staff, and to gain insight into treatment needs of each client
· Orientation of new residents
· Provide orientation for house rules for all new residents, enforce house rules and report all offenses to counseling staff
· Assist mothers in day-to-day activities relating to play, meals, free and bed times
· Assist, observe, and instruct mothers as they engage in functional family activities with children
· Assist in court-ordered visitations providing supervision and record results
· Supervise and assist women in completing house chores and duties, and personal care of children
· Diffuse violence in the house through non-defensive, prevention and conflict resolution methods
· Responsible for contacting necessary emergency (911) assistance and following protocol.
· Complete random urine drug tests to residents as requested by counseling staff
· Record concerns, progress notes, incidents or pertinent observations in the Shift Log in a timely manner, using clearly stated facts and verbatim
· Monitor and supervise house chores, meal preparation and food storage, and work cooperatively in supporting the Residential Support Staff Manager and Assistant Manager and Senior RSS
· Daily tasks such as wake-up calls, laundry, checking clients’ bags upon return, keeping building clean and free of clutter
Marginal Functions of the Job
· Shopping/medication pick-up for clients
· Giving tours
· Other duties as may be periodically or permanently assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Driver’s license, safe driving record, and proof of vehicle insurance
· CBRF training preferred
Other Skills Required
· Understanding of and ability to provide assistance to residents from a Trauma Informed Care approach
· Ability to work effectively with people
· Able to work in a multi-cultural setting
· Computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and other applications
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
· Able to negotiate the indoors including stairs.
· Able to tolerate occasional hot days
· Able to drive vehicles including 15-passenger van.
· Able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally 40 pounds
· Able to hear clients and speak to them
· Able to visually inspect the facility and work of clients and other living support staff
· Able to visually identify clients and others for reasons including, but not limited to: security, presence in building, and medication dispensing
Meta House is a Milwaukee-based nonprofit that ends the generational cycle of addiction by healing women and strengthening families. The organization has been providing gender-responsive, trauma-informed, evidence-based treatment for women for over 50 years. Learn more at www.metahouse.org.
Meta HouseWhy Work Here?
About Meta House Meta House is a Milwaukee-based nonprofit that ends the generational cycle of addiction by healing women and strengthening families. The organization has been providing gender-responsive, trauma-informed, evidence-based treatment for women for over 50 years. Learn more at www.metahouse.org.