The Residential Support Specialist (RSS) provides a safe and organized environment for residential treatment by supervising the clients and maintaining the daily schedule.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Provide a safe, healthy, and therapeutic environment for mothers and children
· Monitor and record the proper self-administration of resident medication
· Enforce house rules, regulations and policies with residents
· Uphold, understand, and review all policies, procedures as outlined by Employee Handbook and CBRF regulations
· Follow protocol, policies and memo deadlines
· Attend RSS meetings, required trainings and in-services as assigned
· Engage, attend, and complete all required training, in-service, and health regulations deemed necessary by policies and regulations
· Attend staff meetings and reports to insure adequate communication with other staff, and to gain insight into treatment needs of each client
· Orientation of new residents
· Provide orientation for house rules for all new residents, enforce house rules and report all offenses to counseling staff
· Assist mothers in day-to-day activities relating to play, meals, free and bed times
· Assist, observe, and instruct mothers as they engage in functional family activities with children
· Assist in court-ordered visitations providing supervision and record results
· Supervise and assist women in completing house chores and duties, and personal care of children
· Diffuse violence in the house through non-defensive, prevention and conflict resolution methods
· Responsible for contacting necessary emergency (911) assistance and following protocol.
· Complete random urine drug tests to residents as requested by counseling staff
· Record concerns, progress notes, incidents or pertinent observations in the Shift Log in a timely manner, using clearly stated facts and verbatim
· Monitor and supervise house chores, meal preparation and food storage, and work cooperatively in supporting the Residential Support Staff Manager and Assistant Manager and Senior RSS
· Daily tasks such as wake-up calls, laundry, checking clients’ bags upon return, keeping building clean and free of clutter
Marginal Functions of the Job
· Shopping/medication pick-up for clients
· Giving tours
· Other duties as may be periodically or permanently assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Driver’s license, safe driving record, and proof of vehicle insurance
· CBRF training preferred
Other Skills Required
· Understanding of and ability to provide assistance to residents from a Trauma Informed Care approach
· Ability to work effectively with people
· Able to work in a multi-cultural setting
· Computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and other applications
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
· Able to negotiate the indoors including stairs.
· Able to tolerate occasional hot days
· Able to drive vehicles including 15-passenger van.
· Able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally 40 pounds
· Able to hear clients and speak to them
· Able to visually inspect the facility and work of clients and other living support staff
· Able to visually identify clients and others for reasons including, but not limited to: security, presence in building, and medication dispensing
Reports to: Residential Support Staff Manager
Specification of Job Duties
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and Meta House. Meta House retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Meta House is a Milwaukee-based nonprofit that ends the generational cycle of addiction by healing women and strengthening families. The organization has been providing gender-responsive, trauma-informed, evidence-based treatment for women for over 50 years. Learn more at www.metahouse.org.
Why Work Here?About Meta House Meta House is a Milwaukee-based nonprofit that ends the generational cycle of addiction by healing women and strengthening families. The organization has been providing gender-responsive, trauma-informed, evidence-based treatment for women for over 50 years. Learn more at www.metahouse.org.