Managing immediate health needs of residents in Residential Treatment.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Responsible for providing direct client care to residents, effectively using the nursing process as the foundation for care delivery
· Assist with admission decisions: helping determine health implications for possible admits into CBRF
· Perform initial resident screenings including patient history, screen for communicable illnesses, and physical exams
· Perform skilled nursing procedures: vital signs, blood pressure etc.
· Assist with medication management decisions, prescribed medications as needed and, work with medical director and outside providers to ensure health and safety of our residents
· Provide leadership and direction within the residential program to support a team-based client-focused service model that promotes optimal health and well-being.
· Work closely with pregnant and post-natal residents to help achieve healthy birth outcomes and mothers who feel safe and supported
· Participate in development of policies and procedure that affect resident health: nutrition, exercise, smoking cessation and medications
· Passionately supports a tobacco-free environment and helping people quit tobacco use
· Open communication and strong teamwork with all disciplines to ensure resident receives quality healthcare
· Demonstrate cultural sensitivity
Marginal Functions of the Job
· Provide staff trainings
· Read TB test
· Other duties as may be periodically or permanently assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· Current licensure with Wisconsin’s Board of Nursing
· Master’s in Nursing with 5 plus years in Nursing;
· Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner preferred
· Strong knowledge of Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health
· Demonstrated passion for working with at-risk populations
· Excellent assessment and critical thinking skills
Other Skills Required
· Good written and verbal skills
· Good organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Basic computer skills – familiar with EHR medical charting system
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
· Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
· Able to climb stairs
· Able to hear, understand and talk clearly to people over the phone and in person
· Able to read material such as mail and the computer screen
· Able to tolerate and work with a moderate amount of noise
· Able to lift 15 to 25 pounds
· Able to travel within the community.
Reports to: Residential Program Manager
Supervises: Students (possible)
Specification of Job Duties
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and Meta House. Meta House retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.