The Child Care Teacher is to care for the safety and wellbeing of infants and children of all ages in a teaching, child care setting while their mothers attend alcohol and other drug abuse (AODA) programming.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Plan and coordinate developmentally appropriate activities each day in art, music, language, motor skills development, and social awareness
· Maintain order and control in classroom
· Maintain a classroom that promotes the general health, wellbeing, and safety of children
· Encourage children to develop conflict resolution, self regulation, and self help skills
· Must be flexible with the constant changing needs of the department and how it serves Meta House. It is a drop-in center. Must be willing to relocate to other site when needed.
· Ability to work as team player with ethnically diverse population
· Stimulate and encourage children’s personal growth emotionally and socially
· Keep accurate attendance records, daily progress reports, service sheets
Marginal Functions of the Job
· Keep supervisor informed of any child or program related concerns at all times
· Abide by agency policies and practices as outlined in employee handbook
· Maintain physical state of classroom and equipment by practicing safety and cleanliness. Prepare healthy snacks.
· Other duties with the organization as assigned by supervisor such as, but not limited to, sorting donations, escorting residents, transportation, helping with various programming needs, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
· College level courses in related field preferred
· Infant/toddler training, Early Childhood I, Early Childhood II
· CPR and first aid certifications
· Driver’s license and proof of insurance (if at residential site) (optional)
Other Skills Required
· Computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and other applications
· AODA knowledge preferred, but not required
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
· Must be able to stoop, kneel, and crouch for extended periods
· Walk between facilities
· Navigate within facilities including stairs
· Lift 15 to 25 pounds
· Manage and participate in gym activities
· Work 40 hours per week
Reports to: Child Care Supervisor
Specification of Job Duties
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and Meta House. Meta House retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.