SQL Database Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: 1155 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036 C2H -- Hybrid (3 Days on)
Work Auth: Open
Position: SQL Database Administrator
Data Platform Services Overview
The Data Platform Services (DPS) team provides high quality data and database related technical guidance and support for the American Chemical Society. The team focuses on excellent customer service while delivering data platforms and database systems support, administration, and maintenance. Through these means DPS aims to advance the mission and vision of the American Chemical Society.
The incumbent in this position, as a member of the Data Platform Services (DPS) team, is responsible for administering and managing databases and database platforms that support the business systems and functions within the ACS data centers. The incumbent reports to the DPS Team Manager and works under his/her managerial direction. The incumbent performs advanced database and database server platform administration and maintenance tasks and provides support to application teams on relevant database tasks. Incumbent is a recognized technical resource for the Systems Administration Team for Database and Data platforms administration and is expected to contribute to the daily resolution of database related requests. This position may lead medium to large sized projects and is expected to have excellent communication and support skills to facilitate partnerships with peers and customers.
- Provide advanced database and data platforms administration, management, and maintenance to ensure optimal performance of databases.
- Need to be proficient in managing and providing support on MS SQL Server database platform. Experience standing up and managing AG clusters preferred.
- While the priority is MS SQL Server, experience managing Oracle database servers and databases on Linux a plus. Experience with Oracle RAC would be nice to have.
- Experience migrating/administering database workloads in AWS CLOUD preferred
- Work with application teams and provide database support for ACS applications.
- Perform database and database server level security and bug fix patching. Assist server teams on OS patching for database related tasks.
- Perform database platform upgrades. Plan and implement new servers/VMs for new release of database software.
- Responsible for troubleshooting database level errors, resolving and identifying root cause.
- Lead projects as assigned by technical manager or team manager.
- Assist team members in the completion of major projects.
- Participate in project planning meetings and take a lead role in reviewing technical requirements.
- Document tasks performed for future reference.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, proactively communicating with customers and framing technical issues so that they can be readily understood.
- Independently utilize in-house and online resources to research solutions for complex problems.
- Work with outside vendors to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and utilize established support tools.
- Maintain awareness of standard Washington infrastructure operations procedures and actively research new technology.
- On-call duties and off-hours work required.
- College degree or equivalent experience. Database certification is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on MS SQL Server Database platform on Windows OS is necessary. Experience with SQL Server 2019, 2016, 2012 preferred. Deep Hands-on expertise in architecting, installing, and configuring SQL Server stand-alone servers and AG clusters preferred.
- Experience with database high availability, disaster recovery, database backup management is a plus. As lead DBA, expectations include working and leading major initiatives, planning and building out SQL Server platform with new release upgrades and working within infrastructure and with application teams on major SQL Server release upgrades.
- Certifications and experience in Cloud technologies a plus.
- A state-of-the-art awareness in the areas of databases, database servers, email communications, web technologies, software, hardware, system performance measurement, configuration analysis and computer security. Excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills.
Meta Force Technology Staffing LLC
Get fresh Teen SQL Database Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!