Job Location: Tampa, FL / New York, NY
Role Value Proposition:
The individual will be responsible for assisting the coordination of the quality control review of externally reported financial information for the SEC GAAP Reporting group. This role, in close collaboration with the Quality Assurance Director, will help define the scope of reports, presentations, documents to be 'quality controlled', help develop and maintain protocols around both (i) support documentation requirements, and (ii) review the requirements by document 'owners', as well as assist in the review of other ad hoc SEC GAAP Reporting deliverables As part of the review of submitted documents for compliance with procedures, this individual will maintain a scorecard to track and report compliance as well as the nature and timing of such reviews. This individual will also assist with the review of documents submitted to quality control.
- Assist in the validation and/or compilation of supporting evidence for documents in-scope for 'Quality Assurance' review (e.g., Board materials and/or any financial information to be made 'public') as well as other on-going special projects and ad hoc requests. This coordination would include face-to-face interaction with various levels of management across difference departments across the organization.
- Assist in the preparation and review of certain Board materials to be presented by the Chief Accounting Officer, including slide presentations, memorandums and talking points.
- Assist in the developing standardized best practices and procedures as well as periodic calendars and inventories of reports, presentations and documents in-scope for 'Quality Assurance.'
- Periodically assist in the preparation and review of certain Form 10-K and 10-Q disclosures and other special projects as they arise.
- Public accounting and / or SEC/GAAP reporting experience
- 2 - 3 years of work experience required
- Detail oriented
- Background in Financial Reporting, internal control and/or SOX at a global organization is preferred
- CPA license or working towards certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Accounting, Economics and Finance
Financial Management Group - SEC Reg Reporting
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110352