Job Location: Omaha, NE
Start Date: 03/23/20
Role Value Proposition:
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country’s number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, insuring over one million automobiles and homes in the US through group plans. We are also the 11th largest provider of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? The associates, of course!
We are actively hiring Customer Service Representatives for our Global Customer Solutions (GCS) team! As a Customer Service Rep, you will receive in-bound customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and resolve problems by putting customers at the heart of all you do.
The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity and an honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
In return, we will provide the following to enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career-- Participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, vacation time and a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
Who is Global Customer Solutions (GCS)?
Global Customer Solutions (GCS) is MetLife’s Contact Center organization. We provide support of key insurance and protection products within the Americas business. The team covers MetLife products, both for individual and employer groups, including Property & Casualty, Dental, Annuities, Life, Disability, Critical and Long Term Care, and more. The team provides world-class Customer Service and Sales support to customers via phone and email. They are committed to making a difference through every customer experience.
- Respond to customer requests via telephone or email, providing excellent service to MetLife’s customers who have insurance or other financial service products or benefit plans.
- Research requests regarding various product aspects, policy provisions, claim status, basic procedures, etc.
- Efficiently process transactions and refer requests for other policy modifications to appropriate areas. Track responses to ensure completion.
- Enhance and strengthen the relationship between the customer and MetLife using strong communication skills, keen listening skills and empathy.
- Support special product and/or service campaigns as needed, or if solicited by the customer.
- Efficiently access and navigate multiple electronic systems to provide a complete and integrated response to the customer’s inquiry.
- Perform these responsibilities in a consistent, professional manner while exercising strong verbal, interpersonal and high-quality service skills.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Min 1+ year’s customer service experience
- An ability to work during the hours of operation of 7 AM to 10 PM CT Monday – Friday; must be flexible in regards to overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business needs.
- Ability to navigate computerized data entry system or other relevant applications
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred.
- Some college experience or a trade or professional certification.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.