Job Location: Warwick, RI
Candidates have been identified
Role Value Proposition:
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country’s number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, insuring over one million automobiles and homes in the US through group plans. We are also the 11th largest provider of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? The associates, of course!
We are actively hiring full time Customer Service Representative II (CSR II) for the Property & Casualty team in Warwick, RI! As a CSR II, you will handle customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and answer questions or resolve problems. In return, we will provide the following to enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career-- Participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, vacation time and a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
Who is Global Customer Solutions?
Global Customer Solutions is MetLife’s Contact Center organization. We provide support of key insurance and protection products within the Americas business. The team covers MetLife products, both for individual and employer groups, including Property & Casualty, Dental, Annuities, Life, Disability, Critical and Long Term Care, and more. The team provides world-class Customer Service and Sales support to customers via phone and email. They are committed to making a difference through every customer experience.
Forrester’s 2013 Customer Experience Index found MetLife’s quality of customer experience was among the industry’s most improved. MetLife’s Property & Casualty’s (P&C) offering is ranked No. 1 in satisfaction in the 2014 J.D. Power rankings in the U.S.
- Handle customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and answer questions or resolve problems.
- Use computerized systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Maintain quality service by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes. And, contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity and an honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional.
- With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
- High School diploma.
- 1 Year customer service experience.
- An ability to work during the hours of operation of Monday-Friday 8am-11pm, Saturday 9am-5pm; must be flexible in regards to overtime & shifts worked, which may change based on business needs.
- Some additional educational experience or a trade or professional certification.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience.
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. "United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108022
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.