Sr Site Manager, Food Manufacturing
Messina Group Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Messina Group seeks a Sr Site Manager in Food Manufacturing with our client, a groundbreaking biotech company that produces a sustainable source of complete protein to create amazing foods and materials that provide sustainable choices and nurture the planet. This direct hire position is based in the Bridgeport area of Chicago.
The Sr Site Manager is responsible for all the manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers, supervisors, and operators. This includes oversight of all manufacturing, as well as performance reporting and process improvements while establishing and nurturing a culture where safety, quality, and continuous improvement are ingrained as a core value. The Sr Site Manager will also have the opportunity to be part of fast-growing, early-stage biotechnology that will positively impact people around the globe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Lead the Production team, including the production manager, and assistant production manager, as well as multiple staff members and up to 50 employees (consisting of multiple shifts)
- Manage production operations in terms of safety, efficiency, cost, complete and on-time delivery, employee relations, visual controls, and performance assessment versus company goals
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development
- Successfully establish an operating environment that embraces safety, product quality, and continuous improvement
- Performance management: Develop and maintain all necessary reporting to assess the production performance
- Monitor performance and recommend action plans that ensure production stability, inventory targets, and customer service are achieved
- Budgeting and planning: Establish production; assist with capital budgets and set goals and KPI for the production department in line with the company objectives
- Collaborates with Project Engineering to identify opportunities for capital investments. As well as pursuing improvement projects
- Master’s degree preferred - undergraduate and/or graduate education in Business, Industrial Management, Production Management, or related fields required
- Background in food science, chemistry, biology, or other experience in analytical characterization of bioproducts is preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in production management, preferably in a Consumer Packaging Goods environment. Technical skills in food production technologies are preferred
- Experience in leadership of cross-functional teams and fostering teamwork is required
- Experience with developing and leading strong safety culture is preferred
- Experience in implementing and maintaining lean manufacturing principles and tools is strongly preferred
- Flexibility to work alternative hours and/or shifts as needed to support plant operations
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Team player, detail-oriented, proactive with a drive to deliver results
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and excellent project management skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships with employees at all levels of the company.
- Strong organizational, analytical and strategic planning skills
- Strong leadership in cultural change management & managing multiple complex priorities and business connections with direct and indirect stakeholders
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and an ability to collect- organize- analyze and disseminate clear and actionable operations models
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Ability to synthesize information from diverse sources and drive actionable working plans
- Comprehensive health care benefits and 401K
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Relocation benefits to Chicago (as needed)
- Ability to join a company with an aggressive growth trajectory