Messina Group is seaching for a Sr PHP/SQL Developer for a long term contract opportunity in Quincy, MA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and developing projects of various scale, form, and duration.
- Utilize eye for detail and obsession for clean, well composed code to build out a range of projects from dynamic websites.
- Client-focused and able to interact directly with various higher ed (i.e. colleges and universities) customers.
- Improve back office systems and processes.
- Provide insightful reporting and analysis.
- Automate tedious manual processes.
- Work collaboratively with each department/peers to assess project plans for feasibility, while providing input from a technology perspective.
- Create efficient, scalable and manageable enterprise-level systems using open source technologies.
- Other projects as directed by the Director of Information Technology.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education.
- Experienced Back-End Developer with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience with PHP 5.3, MYSQL 5, Linux, Apache Server, server administration, and hardware experience.
- Familiarity with APIs, web services, JQuery, web design and database design.
- Program and Project Management skills a plus.
- Knowledge of industry; able to make recommendations to customize solutions for the company and its customers.
- Web Services – experience building modern web services using XML.
- Work with digital devices and network appliances connecting to enterprise business systems.