Messina Group seeks an Operations Manager.
Will provide leadership to the day-to-day management of the company’s activities, ensuring that the entire Manufacturing Operation is performing efficiently and effectively. Also lead several key supply chain and manufacturing initiatives including MRP (raw material planning) implementation, production capacity planning and optimization, an overall product change management process, and leads the pilot S&OP (sales and operations planning) initiative with the whole team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the employees of Procurement and Manufacturing (Planning and Inventory) to ensure coordination and foster a strong working relationship between sales and operations to maintain a forecast and associated supply to meet customer demand while managing inventory costs against working capital targets.
- Responsible for Master Production Planning
- Monitor and lead the Release of Production Orders
- Issuing Material/Receiving Finished Goods
- Responsible for Inventory Adjustments in the SAP
- Responsible for creating Inventory Reporting for several department
- Responsible for Cycle Counts
- Manage the SAP Master Data Governance (BOM’s, Item Master)
- Manage the SAP MRP Configuration/Maintenance
- Responsible for Operations Metrics/Root Cause Analytics
- Equipment requirements assessment/Process Improvement
- Implement and enforce operation SOP’s for compounding, production line, and maintenance staff
- Identify, justify, and recommend best in class programs and development of quality systems to support the reduction of waste and drive the organization to zero defects.
- Identify employee training needs and ensure compliance.
- Provide recommendations to help guide product and systems development for manufacturability
- Recommend design solutions and changes for the production
- Work closely with other departments as necessary (i.e., Quality, R&D, Sales, etc.)
- Work with R&D to manufacture new products or improve current products and processes that meet quality and cost effectiveness standards
- People management responsibilities include hiring and training, maintaining a proper full-time and seasonal/temporary workforce levels, providing leadership which includes delegating and supervising workloads.
- Mentor, challenge, and develop personnel within the operations organization with emphasis on lean concepts, WMS, change management, cross-training, safety and driving employee ownership of company leadership principles and results
- Participates in developing and implementing strategic plans as well to improve the current processes.
- Monitor the development, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures and operating guidelines within responsible functional areas
- Ensure compliance with established GMP guidelines on a daily basis
- Help the team with the yearly Audits
- Must complete annual employee reviews
- Must have at least 10-15 years of operations management experience in the manufacturing of personal care, beauty and/or cosmetic products.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Experience managing in an ISO certified operation
- Cosmetics (or CPG) manufacturing management experience is a strong plus
- Facilities and production equipment maintenance management experience
- Lean Six Sigma certification and/or experience is a plus
- Available to work day shift, occasionally may need to work on Saturday and to cover evening shift during vacations.
- Able to safely lift and carry up to 25 pounds (raw materials or equipment)
- Production scheduling (demand planning) experience is a plus.
Messina Group encompasses two national divisions: Messina Group Staffing and Messina Group Consulting. Combined, these two divisions provide customers a full suite of People, Process and Technology initiatives through professional staffing offerings and consulting services. As a trusted advisor to its clients, the experience and longevity of Messina Group’s staffing division provides both stability and a competitive advantage to clients and their business.
Our staffing expertise includes:
• BECO | Manufacturing & Engineering Staffing
• BECO | Architectural & Engineering Staffing
• LabTemps | Scientific & Laboratory Staffing
• FinancialTemps | Financial, Accounting & Administrative Staffing
• MG | Project Management & Information Technology Staffing
• MG | Digital Marketing & Creative Staffing