Messina Group seeks an HVAC Mechanical Engineer for a permanent role in Chicago, IL.
Our client's Chicago Office is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 7-10 years of industry experience to join the growing MEP department. This is a unique opportunity for personal, professional growth and advancement, with a very diverse project set and strong mentoring program. This individual will collaborate with the MEP, Architectural and Civil engineering staff as well as clients to help provide industry leading professional services and cost effective designs.
You will be asked to conduct mechanical engineering drafting, design and coordination activities, utilizing your experience in the industry as well as guidance from senior engineering team members for HVAC system consulting and design. These efforts will be conducted on variety of project assignments including but not limited to private, public and institutional sector projects for renovation and new construction for low-, mid-, and high-rise commercial buildings, as well as transportation sector projects for municipal storm-water and sewage pumping stations, support facility, design, assessments and peer reviews.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER JOB DUTIES:
- Design HVAC and process piping systems in accordance with most recent versions of applicable codes and standards as required to satisfy client functional and cost objectives
- Maintain and develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Direct the preparation of bid and construction drawings including coordinating with electrical, architectural, civil and/or structural designers
- Conduct mechanical system analyses including computer simulated load program data entry/analysis, ventilation schedule preparation, air and water flow diagram detailing, etc.
- Assist with specification preparation for drawings and booklet specifications using Master Spec and proprietary modifications
- Conduct detailed project site surveys, construction observation visits and punch list walk-throughs
- Commissioning process preparation, observation and approval
- Work directly with Owners, Architects, Utility Consultants, General Contractors, Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers and MEP team to produce finished drawings
- Work directly with Building Department officials as may be required for plan approval or variance requests
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with Revit strongly preferred
- Strong sense of leadership to coordinate mechanical requirements within MEP group and project team
- Strong creative/design performance, communication, team-work and organizational skills for developing design concepts into complete design
- Must be comfortable as Project team leader, project manager, client manager and also mentor for less experienced engineers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
Messina Group encompasses two national divisions: Messina Group Staffing and Messina Group Consulting. Combined, these two divisions provide customers a full suite of People, Process and Technology initiatives through professional staffing offerings and consulting services. As a trusted advisor to its clients, the experience and longevity of Messina Group’s staffing division provides both stability and a competitive advantage to clients and their business.
Our staffing expertise includes:
• BECO | Manufacturing & Engineering Staffing
• BECO | Architectural & Engineering Staffing
• LabTemps | Scientific & Laboratory Staffing
• FinancialTemps | Financial, Accounting & Administrative Staffing
• MG | Project Management & Information Technology Staffing
• MG | Digital Marketing & Creative Staffing