Messina is searching for a Customer Service Representative for our client in Carol Stream, IL.
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the VP/GM of the Business Unit, this position is responsible for interfacing directly with the customer and various internal departments to ensure we have the highest level of customer satisfaction. An effective working relationship with Sales and Operations is required. Executing inside sales promotions and developing business relationships with key customers is a key function of the Customer Service role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle customer inquiries including answering product questions, quoting, processing orders, handling returns and proving general support.
- Work closely with sales team to understand trends and identify opportunities for growth.
- Contact key customers to understand future needs so inventory levels can be effectively planned for. During this process, the Customer Service Representative should be trying to upsell the customer.
- Support sales team with planning of trade shows and occasionally attending shows to assist with setup and staffing of booth.
- Compile sales data and generate reports for both our customers and the internal team.
- Support sales team with generating marketing material and launching marketing campaigns.
- Work with finance team on resolving billing issues.
- Work with technical service team to resolve warranty claims.
- Performs other tasks and/or duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Associate Degree or 3+ years of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with international drop ship orders as well as experience with international shipping documentation requirements strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- A sense of urgency when working with customers on time sensitive issues required.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and a passion for taking care of customers needed.
- Must have strong analytical skills – strength in MS Excel and basic mathematics.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to lead and participate in a team environment is a must.
- Ability to work independently to achieve results required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally.