A leader in the San Antonio construction industry for more than 40 years, Mesa Equipment Co., Inc. remains family owned and dedicated to its employees, clients and the community. We are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people skilled in their position and with the potential to grow with the company.
The Service Truck Helper safely assists the service truck driver to deliver fuel and parts and perform maintenance on trucks, tractors, and heavy equipment at our jobsites. Most service are within 50 miles of our headquarters. Other shop and jobsite duties will be assigned to fill the downtime between service calls..
Essential Job Requirements
· Operate equipment safely and efficiently in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and all TXDOT and OSHA regulations.
· Perform pre-trip safety inspections of the vehicle, trailers, and accessories
· Perform repairs as assigned on job sites, and recommend other repairs and diagnose and repair equipment .
· Perform inspection of the cargo for proper loading according to safety requirements
· Directly responsible for the housekeeping of the equipment
· Assist with the operation of other equipment as needed
· Assist with equipment preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment.
· Perform duties with a positive attitude toward client service and a proven ability to work in a team environment
· Must be able to read equipment operating manuals, read and interpret gauges, complete inspection reports, communicate over a CB radio, communicate with standard hand signals and warning sounds, and wear all required safety equipment.
· While a typical shift is 8 hours, must be able to work up to 12-hour shifts, with possible weekend, holiday and other overtime work as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned by a direct supervisor or company management.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
· Must be able to work in outside environments in all weather conditions (heat/cold, wet/dry and dusty). Must be able to work in noisy conditions.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to climb on and off of equipment to operate and service it
· Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat and kneel in limited space in and around the vehicles;
· Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods, up to 10+ hours a day
· Medical Insurance with Prescription Drug Coverage
· Vision Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Direct Deposit Payroll
· Paid vacation (after 1 year of service)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for employees in this position. However, it is not to be interpreted as a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.