This position is responsible for gathering and analyzing business requirements, defining software requirements and programming application code to support the needed systems or enhancements.
- Work with other teams gathering and documenting business requirements as needed to support new development.
- Participate in requirements analysis and design for new/existing subcomponents of existing systems.
- Repair systems to stop the problem;
- Recommend modifications to prevent problems.
- Design new corporate systems and maintain current systems to provide the services requested by end-user departments.
- System development and modifications to be designed in compliance with company standards and procedures.
- Generate custom programming based on given requirements.
- Participate in developing project plans with well-defined tasks, deliverables, required resources and estimates of completion.
- Ensure that programs, scripts, etc., comply with company policies and standards.
- Demonstrate system development and modification security for implementation.
- Problem resolution for end-users of applications.
- Train personnel in the proper and secure use of system applications.
- Create/maintain/deletes user access to company applications as directed by the data owner.
- Identify/analyze information security breaches.
- Create and maintain documentation of application requirements, code and user documentation.
- Execute system maintenance programs, scripts and reports according to defined operations schedules.
- 2 or 4 year college degree.
- 2+ years' working experience designing, building and testing systems.
- Airline experience would be a plus.
Demonstrated proficiency with the following:
- IIS 6 and 7
- SQL Server Databases and Stored Procedures
- Visual Studio
- Web Programming Skills
- ASP.Net Web Services
- SQL Server SSIS
- Object-Oriented Design,
Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Ability to design and/or modify applications that meet specified requirements and standards.
- Maintain and follow procedures as defined in IT Policies and Procedures document.
- Ability to define business cases and write test scripts to prove functionality;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Technical writing ability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Technology strategies and best practices.
- Information security best practices.
- Process and procedure documentation techniques.
- Understanding of roles-based user access.
- Testing methodologies including:
- Unit test
- System test
- User acceptance test
- Regression test