The position requires the processing of benefit changes for all plans including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Be able to resolve participant issues, administer open enrollments, prepare monthly premium payments and eligibility rosters to carriers, assist with disability claims and leave administration, communicate benefit changes to employees, prepare documents for 401(k) testing and audit requests for all plans, assist with compensation administration, process benefit deductions and run reports as necessary. This person will assist with HR projects and tasks as requested.
- Perform routine data input into HRIS to establish and update employee confidential records and benefits information.
- Respond to inquiries, complaints or problems related to HRIS data
- Counsel employees regarding Company's benefit options and programs
- Conduct data analysis on HR data as directed. Prepare reports, graphs, charts and statistics. Perform group data updates, exports, imports, clean-ups and research/report on any data discrepancies
- Inform new employees of Company policy pertaining to benefits
- Assist in and/or conduct new employee orientation programs
- Prepare and edit correspondence and forms including benefit eligibility announcements
- Maintain personal knowledge of Benefit laws and regulations
- Entering benefit-related data into ADP, our computerized human resources information system
- Providing vendors with appropriate documentation to maintain quality and cost effective administration
- Effectively communicating benefit plans to employees
- Assisting in evaluating and comparing existing employee benefits with those of other companies
- Maintaining employee benefit files and other recordkeeping
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of one year experience in benefit administration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively before groups of employees for new hire orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Experience with ADP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered.