If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and you are passionate about human resources, then this is the position for you! Mersino Dewatering is seeking a driven individual with excellent organizational skills and a passion for human resources to join our team as an HR Coordinator based out of our Metamora, MI office.
The primary responsibility of the Human Resource Coordinator is to manage, evaluate and execute the administrative functions of the HR Department, with specific attention on ensuring all employment related information is properly documented and filed. The successful candidate will provide exceptional internal customer service, responding promptly to employee and management requests. The HR Generalist should continually seek ways to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the HR Department, ensuring compliance with all regulations while acting as a working team member and individual contributor to the overall team’s success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process all new-hires in all applicable systems, ensuring all necessary documentation is received and properly stored for retention
- Process E-Verify for all employees ensuring compliance with all federal regulations related to timeliness, documentation and forms of identification
- Process and maintain all employee enrollments, contribution changes, loans and employee information changes related to company retirement plans and health savings plans
- Process employee status changes and personal information changes, ensuring that proper authorizations have been received and notifications have been sent to the appropriate management staff
- Process employee terminations in all applicable systems, ensuring that all proper personnel have been notified, all employee access has been terminated, and all assigned equipment has been returned
- Maintain employee equipment and uniform assignments within company database and ADP, processing employee payroll deductions for lost, damaged or stolen items when applicable
- Process and file all other employee or HR related documentation as needed and as identified
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employee and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Maintain employee files, conducting regular audits, ensuring employee documentation is properly stored and employee files are in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain company organizational charts, employee directories and company systems for additions, deletions and changes
- Monitor and report on the status of employee evaluations, both periodic and annual, ensuring that evaluations are completed and filed for all employees
- Provide support for any and all HR related audits and investigations as needed and as directed
- Oversee HR document retention and destruction, ensuring document destruction occurs at regular intervals
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices, policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- Continually identify ways to improve policies, procedures and practices within assigned areas
- Act as the payroll backup, completing payroll processing and reporting functions as needed
- Administer and maintain the company’s mobile device accounts, including device administration
- Complete other HR related tasks and duties as needed and as identified
- Ensure The Mersino Way is a guiding document in all daily activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent amount of experience and education in a related field
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred
- Planning and organizational skills handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office, and other required PC and mobile software applications
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Experience with payroll processing or payroll management preferred
- A professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to work a flexible scheduled to meet job requirements
- Required intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or heavy equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Mersino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MersinoMersino is a recognized leader in dewatering solutions offering state-of-the-art technology and award-winning customer service. Mersino is a single source for pumping services, contract dewatering, one-pass trenching, power generation, trenching and drilling, and we have evolved into a multi-faceted corporation able to engineer and deploy a full-service approach to groundwater control and pumping solutions. We consider our people, the Mersino Team, as our most valuable asset to help strive and maintain a culture that inspires dedication to customer service. Mersino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.