Business Office Director - Senior Living
- Expired: April 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who is Bridge Senior Living:
At Bridge Senior Living, our mission is to positively impact the lives of our residents, their families, and our associates each day.
If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career filled with purpose, Bridge Senior Living is the place for you! Our team members make a real difference in the lives of our residents and families each day. We pride ourselves in creating a rewarding work environment where associates feel appreciated and valued. Our 4 Service Pillars of Show Love, Serve with Purpose, Protect with Care and Exceed Expectations is what makes our communities a special place to live and work.
The Director of Business Services is responsible for the managing the business, accounting and finance functions in support of the community. The position also oversees the contracted human resources and payroll functions as well as supervises the concierge position. The Director ensures that the facility operates under HR best practices - a commitment to equal employment opportunity, maintaining a drug-free workplace, compensation according to effort and contribution, staff development, promptly handling problems and complaints, consistently applying policies, and operating in a spirit of cooperation.
- Support mission, vision, and goals of the organization, upholding and promoting company culture and vision.
- Handle all Resident services billing and application of payments.
- Track and apply payments to appropriate accounts. Provide accurate reporting and analysis.
- Oversee collections activities.
- Interpret and administer Associate Policies and Procedures. Maintain and provide recommendations to update written policies and procedures, job descriptions and the Associate Handbook. Orient and train staff.
- Supervise the concierge position. Hire, train, counsel and conduct all other activities involved with the supervision of the concierge staff.
- Track expenses and control costs within budgetary guidelines. Assist with departmental budget preparation.
- Make reports and recommendations to Somerby Senior Living Finance as necessary or required concerning operation of department.
- Participate in surveys and inspections made by government agencies.
- Plan, direct, and evaluate activities of the staff and contracted human resources and payroll staff.
- Work closely with contracted HR/Payroll Administrator and internal staff to ensure the accuracy of payroll, billing and all corresponding journal entries.
- Manage payroll/HRIS vendor relationship, including data feeds, banking, and reporting. Oversee staff time/attendance reporting. Process biweekly payroll and wage/tax reporting.
- Manage staffing strategy; consult with management on overall staffing plan and turnover. Develop internal job postings and recruitment advertising. Participate in job fairs, as needed. Track applicants, evaluate qualifications, conduct screening interviews, schedule interviews with hiring managers, handle offers and regrets letters. Verify employment eligibility (references, licenses, background checks, I-9s, etc.). Schedule and follow up on medical screening (drug testing, PPD). Process New Hire paperwork. Handle exit interviews and paperwork. Respond to employment verification requests and unemployment claims. Maintain documentation and files according to regulations.
- Assist in the communication and administration of Associate benefits in accordance with plan documents. Handle FMLA and other leaves of absence (issue appropriate notices, collect medical certifications, etc.).
- Respond to workers’ compensation claims. Review, evaluate, and stay abreast of all Associate incident reports; monitor trends.
- Handle Associate relations, including Associate announcements and special events, as well as Associate problems, complaints, and disciplinary actions. Respond to harassment and discrimination charges.
- Maintain current compensation plan in accordance with FLSA. Manage performance review process.
- Organize and update New Associate Orientation. Develop, schedule, and conduct, as appropriate, mandatory in-service training classes and educational programs that meet regulatory guidelines. Maintain documentation.
- Maintain and update Quality Compliance checks for HR (Associate records).
- Obtain and demonstrate knowledge of the Discover Your Spark Lifestyle and Wellness philosophy and its inherent core values. Support and participate in Discover Your Spark (e.g. assist with feedback groups, assist in new initiatives, encourage Residents and act as champions of fun).
- Handle general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting functions. Create timely and accurate financial statements.
- Balance cash. Prepare daily deposits and cash reports; take deposit to bank.
- Review and reconcile petty cash vouchers and replenish petty cash as needed.
- Coordinate approval and payment of invoices.
- Coordinate new vendor setup. Reconcile vendor statements and handle payment complaints or discrepancies.
- Prepare accounts receivable report detailing all past due amounts; balance general ledger to accounts receivable.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure and classification.
- Handle monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and year-end tax reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Attend in-service classes and staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting/billing and/or business Services, preferably in the senior living industry or related environment. Knowledge and experience in human resources and payroll preferred as well as experience working with information technology to achieve departmental goals.
What you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- 401k with company match
- Work Today and Get Paid Tomorrow
- Full Suite of Benefits
- Continued education and training to advance your career - The friendliest leaders and teammates to help you along the way
Bridge Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer. We are united by our pillars to Show Love, Exceed Expectations, Protect with Care and Serve with Purpose. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all associates have a strong sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family/marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Merrywood On Park
Get fresh Live Events jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.