Merryweather Foam Barberton, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
1. Do you THRIVE in a fast paced and high stakes environment?
2. Are you sick & tired of working for huge, uninspired companies where you feel like you are a cog in a wheel or a number in their system?
3. Would you rather be part of a smaller company where you can make an impact and be treated like family?
If you answer "no," to any of the above then please DO NOT apply. We only have a limited amount of seats on our bus and we are looking for the next AWESOME team member.
We do work that matters: we create custom foam parts to make people's lives more comfortable.
Here's a little about us...
- We exist to Glorify God and to serve our customers.
- We are family owned and have been in business for 72 years!
- We make custom foam parts for companies big & small!
- We have a positive, hardworking culture! (imagine Chick-fil-a, but without chicken in a manufacturing environment
We are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the direct purchasing and inventory management of materials necessary for us to make foam parts for our customers.
Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment. Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods & services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spending, search for best pricing and find more profitable suppliers. Also, this position will work closely with the production manager and the production employees so the purchasing manager is able to be connected to our products and customer’s parts so that we can minimize waste and continually improve our processes.
* Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
* Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
* Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
* Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
* Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand of raw material inventory
* Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
* Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
* Keeps information accessible by electronically sorting and filing documents.
* Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Responsible for working with the purchasing team to implement and track new processes and efficiencies.
* Communicates daily with the production floor with receiving clerk, shipping clerk, production manager, and assistant production manager to learn how materials are used, processed, and manufactured.
Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting, Control Engineering
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT
Reasonable level of fitness
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree or experience in supply chain management, logistics or business administration is preferred, but not required.
• Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions, results-driven, good listener and an excellent communicator.
• High-energy self-starter with a positive attitude who can quickly engage others and who is able to work effectively as an individual contributor and with a team.
• Strong Leadership capabilities
• Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
• Efficient organizational and project management skills to prioritize work effectively.
This is a work on-site position at our Barberton, OH headquarters.
- Evaluate available supply channels to increase product value and reduce production cost
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors
- Establish material and equipment budget
- Analyze and assess demand for production projects
- Log and record all invoices and purchasing orders
- Monitor inventory and storage of raw materials for manufacturing
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Previous experience as a purchasing agent or other related fields
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
We are a different kind of company, fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history and heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate from school.
Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis, so if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character and integrity, then please apply!
Merryweather FoamWhy Work Here?
We make foam products that allow people to live a more comfortable life.
Merryweather Foam is an industry leader in the fabrication and service of flexible foam products. For 72 years, we have served a diversified base of clients and industries, creating multiple paths for opportunity and growth. We are a different kind of company, fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history and heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate from school. Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis, so if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character and integrity, then please apply!
11 Brown Street BarbertonBarberton, OH