Administrative Assistant - Family Owned Company 74 years
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1. Are you sick of working for huge, uninspired companies where you feel like you are a cog in a wheel or a number in their system?
2. Would you rather be part of a smaller company with growth opportunities where you are actually treated like family?
3. Do you find joy in creating products that make people's lives more comfortable and enjoyable?
If you answer "no," to any of the above then please DO NOT apply. We only have a limited amount of seats on our bus and we are looking for the next AWESOME team member.
The work we do matters...we create custom foam products to make people's lives more comfortable.
Here's a little about us...
- We exist to Glorify God and to serve our customers.
- We are family owned and have been in business for 74 years!
- #1 Rated Workplace Culture in Barberton, OH!
- We make custom foam parts for companies big & small!
- We have a positive, hardworking culture! (imagine Chick-fil-a, but without chicken in a manufacturing environment)
We are a full-scale manufacturing company. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant who will work closely with our Sales Team. You will help coordinate incoming customer orders by comparing quotes/pricing and clarifying key details with customers regarding their new orders. There will also be a level of "project management" in this position to follow-up with customers who need help understanding our products, materials, and lead times.
Reinforce a great customer experience through engagement and efficiency. Help uplift our company values, in all things, and protect the positive culture of the environment.
- "Angelic with Passion": Kind, confident, humble, assertive and a strong desire to serve
- Process and distribute requests accurately and efficiently (aka Right & Fast!)
- Diligently document all communications (aka obsessively fanatical about notes & details)
- Important: Motivated by excellence, communication, learning & rock-star status!
- Enthusiastic problem solver, user of common sense and ability to self-manage
- Driven to work well within a team and excel in personal goals
- Actively participate in our Mission & Values
- Respectable character, professionalism and maturity… must understand these concepts!
- Strong project and time management. True meaning: "Every day is a full workload, complete with interruptions - AND tasks handled correctly, within time-frames given."
- Impressive communication & listening skills
- Must work hard, be allergic to gossip and negativity!
Compensation: Competitive. Company matching 401k (up to 4%), eligible for bonuses, health benefits, paid time off & healthy team atmosphere.
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected in this position. These functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Team members may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
- Assists customers with orders and information regarding orders.
- Accurately types customer orders in software CMS system.
- Answer phones in a friendly and professional manner.
- Acts as a liaison with customers with regards to product status, resolving issues and coordinating flow of information.
- Ensures timely response to customers regarding material delays and shortage issues, order acknowledgments, shipping information or other information relating to order entry.
- Exhibits professional and courteous telephone demeanor, technical accuracy and conformance to company policies and practices.
- Recommends corrective services to adjust customer concerns.
- Seeks to know customers and understands their method of doing business.
- Works within the sales team as a resource and to ensure workflow procedures are carried out expeditiously.
- Suggests improvements to systems and procedures.
- Communicates with design, planning, manufacturing, shipping and other sales and marketing staff to gather and share information.
- Able to respond to positively and professionally in the midst of difficult situations to co-workers and customers alike.
— High School Diploma
— Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet
— Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
— Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
Data Entry Skills, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Scheduling, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement.
Note: This is not a work from home position.
We are a different kind of company, fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history and heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate from school.
Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis, so if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character and integrity, then please apply!
Merryweather FoamWhy Work Here?
BEST workplace culture--rated #1 by our own employees on Indeed.com. Drama-Free and Positive atmosphere. Weekly company-wide meetings.
Merryweather Foam is an industry leader in the fabrication and service of flexible foam products. For 74 years, we have served a diversified base of clients and industries, creating multiple paths for opportunity and growth. We are a different kind of company, fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history and heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate from school. Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis, so if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character and integrity, then please apply!
2590 Anthony driveAnthony, NM