SUMMARY: Professionally clean customer homes using Merry Maids’ unique cleaning procedures and products. Overall objectives are to leave the home looking and smelling freshly cleaned and groomed.
- Uses Merry Maids’ cleaning products and procedures to clean, dust cobwebs, cleaning all hanging light fixtures and dusting baseboards and windowsills each cleaning.
- Uses Merry Maids’ cleaning products and procedures to clean, sanitize, and deodorize all bathroom fixtures, showers, tubs, toilets, sinks, mirrors and vanities.
- Uses Merry Maids’ cleaning products and procedures to clean kitchen appliances, counters, cabinets, tables and chairs.
- Vacuum stairways and vacuum or sweep and then wash all hard surface floors on hands and knees using Merry Maids’ products and procedures.
- Moves all reasonably moveable furniture in rooms to clean under and behind. Vacuums all upholstered furniture, including under all cushions each cleaning.
- Carries cleaning products and equipment to and from office, vehicle, and customers’ homes.
- Assists in maintaining clean and fresh appearance of the office.
- Assists Team Captain in refilling cleaning kit and performs required equipment maintenance at the end of the workday.
- Contributes to a positive work climate with a pleasant attitude and contributes to the overall team effort of the company including being in uniform, dependable and on time.
- Has respect and understanding for co-workers.
- Contributes to the overall goal of maintaining quality customer service.
- Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Performs other reasonable, related duties as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The attributes listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability preferred for the position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING:
- Ability to differentiate between variously colored cleaning products by identifying the color or product name.
- Ability to define specific uses of cleaning products.
- Ability to read cleaning instructions indicated on customized service reports.
- Ability to communicate with the Team Captain to ensure the customers’ expectations are met.
- Ability to drive to and from various job sites as needed.
- Ability to withstand regular physical contact with dog and cat hair, mold, dust, mildew and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds of equipment in and out of an average of 4 homes a day, but as many as 6 homes a day. This may include climbing stairs while carrying equipment. Ability to load and unload equipment from cars.
- Ability to perform wet-work on the knees 60% of working time to clean kitchen and bathroom floors, showers and tubs; wipe countertops at waist height 20% of the time; bend for toilets and finishing showers and tubs at knee height 10% of the time; and reach shoulder height or above 10% of the time to finish the rooms.
- Perform dry-work with the ability to reach, pull, and stoop to make beds 5% of the time; reach, lift and pull to operate a vacuum cleaner that weighs up to 12 pounds 60% of the time; carry and operate a portable vacuum that weighs 6 pounds (and can be strapped diagonally across the shoulder) 15% of the time; dust furniture from floor to overhead 20% of the time. Dusting will involve bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and moving small furniture.
- Valid driver’s license
- Current liability insurance on automobile
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Ability to pass motor vehicle records check
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this position. This is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, and conditions associated with this position. The Company reserves the right to modify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.