Industrial Engineer Process Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Merritt Trailers, Inc. is family-owned/operated and professionally managed. The company is more than just a place to work, it is a place to contribute your talents and take pride as part of our team to carry forward a tradition which has been close to 70 years in the making. We value each and every associate, empowering them to create and innovate solutions for our customers and our community.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, then we encourage you to take a look at Merritt Trailers. We are looking for strong, standout recruits, with the desire to elevate themselves and our organization, making Merritt Trailers the best it can be.
Industrial Engineer / Process Analyst
The position, reporting to the Engineering Manager and located in Henderson, Colorado, will be responsible for determining ways to reduce waste and improve performance in all areas within Merritt Trailers. The Industrial Engineer/Process Analyst must be experienced and capable; using a variety of engineering and quality tools. He/She must have problem solving know-how and participate in and support efforts towards increasing productivity. Core focus will be process mapping, eliminating waste, improving work methods and maximizing machine and human capital efficiencies. This will be a hands on position meaning the individual will work in the manufacturing and service environments, participate in team meetings and sometimes lead meetings, as well as complete projects/work themselves.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, production standards and machine utilization.
- Process mapping and business process reengineering.
- Participate and lead improvement projects ranging from 5S, Lean/Six Sigma/Kaizen, equipment utilization, automation, process improvement and development, process and procedure documentation.
- Complete time and motion studies to enhance and develop manufacturing methods, labor standards and costs.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications and process flows to understand and modify methods in manufacturing.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to maximize efficiency.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize reliability, and minimize cost.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop equipment, fixturing, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation.
- Drive consistency in the use of Engineering tools and processes such as Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Improve performance in the areas of efficiency and labor through product and process changes, including new equipment specification and installation.
- Participates in cross functional planning meetings to evaluate future product specs for process, manning and equipment requirements.
- B.S. in industrial/Quality Engineering required with 2 to 5 plus years’ experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Experienced in Lean methodologies and tools.
- Experience in Semi-Truck/Trailer manufacturing and or associated products preferred. Knowledge of processes and equipment consistent with the design and manufacturing methods of sawing, machining, and welding of aluminum and steel, along with various assembly operations.
- Solid PC and software proficiency, including Microsoft Office applications, MRP/ERP, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with all types of people throughout the organization.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills as well as have the ability to meet deadlines with appropriate attention to detail in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 401(K) with company match (eligible after six (6) months
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus potential
- Eight paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary short term and long term disability, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off begins accruing upon hire
- Sick Pay begins accruing the following pay period from date of hire
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral bonus program
- Wellness Program - we want our employees to live healthy lifestyles and providing an annual health fair screening
Merritt Trailers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are looking for strong, standout candidates, with the desire and motivation to elevate themselves and our organization. If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of an exceptional team that is shaping the future, we encourage you to apply today!
Merritt TrailersWhy Work Here?
Come work with our family owned and operated company that has been been serving our customers for over 70 years!
Merritt Trailers, Inc. is family owned/operated and professionally managed. Merritt isn’t just a place to work, it’s a place to contribute your talents and take pride in a job well done! With over 70 years of representing the quality standard by which all livestock semi-trailers are judged, we know how to value each and every associate, empowering them to create and innovate solutions for our customers and community. We are looking for strong, standout candidates, with the desire and motivation to elevate themselves and our organization. If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of an exceptional team that is shaping the future, we encourage you to apply today!
9339 Brighton RoadDenver, CO