Public Relations Account Manager (B2G)
This position will support our Government Practice Group. We help systems integrators and global tech companies define their brand, build awareness and drive demand through campaigns that reach and influence government buyers. As a nationally-recognized B2G PR and marketing agency, our deep domain expertise across all levels of government helps bridge the gap between tech and policy to provide compelling storytelling and go-to-market strategies that drive contracting success. From putting new disruptors on the government map to helping market leaders build agency-specific capture campaigns, Merritt Group brings trusted relationships with the influencers, associations, media outlets and data partners required for B2G success.
The Account Manager at Merritt Group is resourceful and hands-on. They are someone who is dedicated to developing strong leadership skills and delivering outstanding results with enthusiasm. Account Managers exhibit extraordinary drive and ambition. They are calm under pressure and are able to quickly adapt to different situations. Account Managers continuously look for new ways to help our clients communicate with the audiences that are important to them. They also have advanced media relations skills and understand technology issues and trends. They are the go-to person when others need help or have an issue; they listen to others and value opinions and an alternative point of view; and, Account Managers are able to adapt their communication style to both clients and teammates. And, like all Merritt Groupers, they have an insatiable curiosity and interest in technology and business, digital media, marketing and creative.
- Domain Expertise: Developing domain expertise critical to the practice that drives strategy for both existing clients and with new business prospects. Be able to articulate strategies for clients/prospects steeped in domain knowledge and practice expertise, and be perceived by the client/prospect as an expert in your field.
- Account Management & Client Relations: Manage three to four accounts with little oversight from senior staff, including: providing valuable and meaningful day-to-day counsel to client; thinking ahead of the client and beyond what they have asked of us; and staying on top of trends and issues that could impact clients. Establish a relationship that makes the client feel comfortable, enough to consider Merritt Group as a trusted partner and not just another vendor. In addition, mentor/coach each account team and oversee the work of each person on their account teams to ensure client objectives are met. Ensure that monthly and long-term goals are set and met for all accounts and projects. Identify opportunities to integrate other agency services into accounts where it will advance a client's goals. The integration should be seamless to the client and the Account Manager should play the client facing-role to the client on the solution area - working behind the scenes with other team members.
- PR Planning: Drive internal team meetings and continuously bring new creative ideas to the table. Actively participate in new client kick-off meetings and, when relevant, drive them. Play a strong role in annual, quarterly, and monthly client planning meetings. Handle all client reporting, including monthly reports and meeting agendas. As needed, integrate marketing services solutions into account plans.
- Content Creation: Able to identify and recommend content generation campaigns that will help advance the business objectives of our clients. Able to write a full range of documents with little to no editing from senior staff. Edit and provide direction on writing work of other team members. Manage the writing and development of higher-level strategic documents, including messaging platforms and PR plans.
- Media & Analyst Relations: Instrumental in driving media relations campaigns that shape clients' reputations and help them achieve their business objectives. Has very strong media relations skills and a passion for coverage. Work with the team to maximize media attention for key announcements and proactive campaigns. Able to manage product reviews and customer relations programs. Ensure our team meets or exceeds our client's goals. Help the client brainstorm new ideas to effectively drive coverage. Able to help handle crisis situations and manage issues. When needed, oversee ongoing analyst relations by ensuring periodic briefings with key analysts. Help define strategies for positively influencing key analysts and gaining their support. Work with the team to maximize analyst attention around key announcements and proactive campaigns.
- Speaking & Awards: Provide strategic counsel and insight to teams and clients. Ensure the team is tracking to results.
- Social Media: Understand strategy and execution of relevant social media channels for our clients; work with team to ensure the development of compelling social media content; work with team to ensure quality execution of social media content.
- Marketing: Able to strategize and implement marketing methodologies, including online content strategy and development, multimedia and social media production and management, email communications, electronic database and content management, and web analytics. Learn best practices across various marketing channels. Write a range of documents with little to no editing from senior leaders.
- Measurement: Have the ability to create measurement strategies given the measurement tools and methodologies available to us. Utilize the measurement tools and methodologies to better understand the progress of our strategic communications campaigns across paid, earned and owned channels. Work with team to identify new tools and trends that enhance our understanding of measurement tools and methodologies so we can create compelling measurement reports for our clients.
- Business Development: Participate in new business meetings and provide meaningful input and value.
- Agency Operations: Is a proactive and positive driver of the agency's culture. Take a senior role on at least one major agency initiative.
KEY SOFT SKILLS
- Client-Focused: Ensure commitments to clients are met, while seeking new, effective ways to reach the audiences important to them. Brings new ideas and creative thinking to the team and the client. Is the client's go-to for strategic counsel. Work with client to identify and help achieve business goals; manage expectations on an ongoing basis to ensure they are realistic and achievable.
- Action-Oriented: Has both a strong desire and the ability to chase big-picture campaigns that are thoughtful and positive for the client. Committed to creating "media champions" on client's behalf, but also think more broadly about the social, marketing and creative ideas we could bring to the table.
- Inspire a Shared Vision: Shares the mentality that a team will always deliver better results than individuals working in silos, and inspires others to work effectively toward common, positive goals.
- Communicate with Candor: Offers guidance and mentorship to team members, and communicates about difficult topics in a diplomatic and respectful way. Able to provide constructive feedback in an empathetic manner, while exerting an assertive approach when necessary.
- Challenge Processes For Innovation and Efficiency: Has the ability to recognize and flag business inefficiencies, and provide insightful recommendations to improve upon existing operations.
8251 Greensboro DriveMcLean, VA
Get fresh Public Relations Account Manager (B2G) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.