Collections Representative I (Bi-lingual preferred)
Merrimack Valley Credit Union Lawrence, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY: Position is primarily responsible for tracking, monitoring and controlling all delinquent real estate, auto, secured, unsecured, NSF and negative share accounts through in person, written and telephone contact. Prepares special projects as directed by the Collections Manager and/or the VP, Collections.
- Monitors delinquency on any of the above mentioned categories as assigned, also makes recommendations on potential resolutions to member.
- Maintains accurate, current and detailed notes on delinquent accounts.
- Regularly prepares letters on past due accounts.
- Assists and counsels members who are experiencing financial difficulties through arranging for extensions, repayment plans, budget reviews, and regular discussions with established Credit Union policy and procedure.
- Travels off site as needed to photograph repossessed vehicles, foreclosure property, etc.
- Performs collection of charged off loans.
- Contacts Bankruptcy Court to verify Bankruptcy filings together with preparing bankruptcy documents to be filed with the Court for the bankruptcy.
- Handles all repossession activity from preparation of letters through collection of deficiency balances after sale, inclusive of auction pricing and report and sale log maintenance with the approval of the Collections Manager if appropriate.
- Prepares letters of pre-foreclosure together with applicable letters pursuant to state law with review by Collections Manager and/or the VP, Collections, if necessary.
- Provides prompt, efficient and professional service to members, employees and Board members on a regular basis.
- Works toward achieving sales/service goals by attending department meetings, one-on-one meetings and product knowledge and selling skills training, on an ongoing basis.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of one year collection experience required.
- P.C. experience required (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated written/verbal communications skill essential, with the ability to handle difficult situations with sensitivity and objectivity.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Merrimack Valley Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Merrimack Valley Credit Union