- Posted: over a month ago
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position that is responsible for assisting and supporting the Office of the President and the Office of the General Counsel in the execution of their duties and responsibilities while providing a professional and executive-level environment to ensure ongoing and efficient operations of the offices. This position requires complex office management functions and high level administrative support. This position will also periodically assist the building receptionist area with front desk and telephone coverage. Reporting to the Director of the Office of the President, the Executive Assistant's responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Director of the Office of the President with day-to-day operations of the Office of the President.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President and General Counsel and Secretary of the Board; the Assistant General Counsel; and the Assistant Vice President for Compliance and Title IX Coordinator. This includes scheduling and clerical support for, communication with, office supplies coordination, coordinating Zoom and conference calls, and answering the General Counsel’s telephone.
- Greet and assist all staff and visitors to the Office of the President.
- Manage and process confidential information with discretion and confidentiality, and execute the highest level of customer service.
- Perform administrative tasks and functions such as drafting correspondence and memoranda, including proofreading. Scheduling appointments and coordinating logistics, organizing and maintaining paper & electronic files.
- Some data entry and system maintenance and basic research work.
- Distribute mail, process purchase requisitions, check requests, invoices, reimbursements and contracts to ensure timely payment.
- Track forms; obtain signatory approvals.
- Monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Assist presidential events coordinator with clerical duties particularly during busy season and Board of Trustee meetings (four per year).
- Assist with coordination of travel and registrations for both offices.
- Establish, implement and maintain efficient office workflow and processes through continued process improvement.
- Monitor the appearance and maintenance of the President’s office.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, three – five years of administrative office experience, in an administrative role supporting multiple executives or team members; familiarity with higher education is encouraged.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Adobe Creative Suite and ability to learn and use campus systems such as CARS/Jenzabar, Cobblestone contract management, EMS, Maintenance Request System.
- Proficiency with contracts and records management software/tools.
- Must be able to interact with many different levels of authority and process confidential materials and information with the highest degree of discretion.
- Must be able to adjust to changing job requirements and priorities in order to meet dynamic needs and workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Work well under pressure and deadlines and work independently and as a team.
- Demonstrated strong professional demeanor and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility for assigned tasks.
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing Diversity Equity and Inclusion as an institutional priority.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and remain cool under pressure.
- Ability and flexibility to work outside of regular business hours on occasion.
- MA Notary preferred or willing to seek MA Notary.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Statement of Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressNorth Andover, MA
BusinessView all jobs at Merrimack College