Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Associate Director of Financial Aid is an integral part of the Warrior One Stop team. The Warrior One Stop is a one-stop shop where students can receive enrollment support services with a particular focus on the registrar, bursar, and financial aid-related functions among other important related information. The position works under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid to provide leadership and management in the administrative services for the processing of financial aid and counseling services for all students. The Associate Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the supervision of the financial aid professionals and major operations of financial aid within the Warrior One Stop, including, but not limited to:
- Advise all constituents on the financial aid process.
- Perform timely financial aid application and appeal review/processing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility.
- Complete primary and secondary verification; maintain regulatory compliance.
- Award financial assistance in accordance with changing institutional, federal, state, and NCAA procedures, policies, and regulations.
- The Associate Director will assist the Director of Financial Aid in developing, updating, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures to provide efficient and effective delivery of financial aid.
The Associate Director will be a team player that upholds the highest standards of the institution in the support and persistence of our students. As part of the Warrior One Stop team, the Associate Director may be involved in night and weekend events or extended hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive student financial services and supervisory management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Title IV financial aid regulations as it pertains to both traditional and non-traditional programs.
- Experience and proficiency with an ERP system (Jenzabar preferred) and PowerFAIDS.
- Familiarity with federal systems such as Common Origination and Disbursement System, NSLDS, FAA Access to CPS online; and experience with EDconnect.
- Well organized, multi-tasker, effective time management, problem-solver who pays attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
- Must have the technical competence and an ability to understand the "big picture" as well as the details of complicated systems and issues.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, be responsive and courteous, and be student service-oriented at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills and abilities.
- Cross-cultural competence and ability to work with students, colleagues, and external constituents, including diverse populations.
- High level of professionalism, leadership, diplomacy, and the ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material.
- Enthusiastic, sense of humor, positive attitude, persistence, and passion for the work.
- Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
- This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith, and our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressNorth Andover, MA
EducationView all jobs at Merrimack College