Merrick Pet Care Hereford, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Merrick Pet Care is seeking a self-motivated and driven Safety Manager that will provide leadership and support to our manufacturing facilities in Hereford, Texas.
At Merrick, we don't just make pet food. We make the Best Food Ever. Founded in 1988, Merrick Pet Care is a leader in natural and organic pet food. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future.
The Safety Manager will lead the development and implementation of sustainable process safety improvements that focus on the identification, elimination and management of critical hazards and risks. The Safety Manager will take personal responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries and implement initiatives to ensure the sustainability of Merrick's Safety program. Responsible for working in a safe manner to coordinate, direct and promote Health and Safety initiatives throughout the manufacturing facilities to assure continuous improvement. The Safety Manager will focus on achieving measurable results in reducing both the frequency and cost of industrial injuries by collaborating with operations management in implementing effective and practical solutions.
- Adheres to all Safe Work Practices (SWP) and organizational policies and procedures.
- Compile, distribute, analyze and act on safety performance data.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits to determine site and program status and needs.
- Conduct incident and accident investigations and develop corrective and preventative action plans.
- Develop and implement strategies and policies that drive excellence and continuous improvement in all aspects of Safety.
- Develop and implement strategies, processes, systems and programs, in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations, to eliminate occupational injuries.
- Conduct comprehensive safety training for new hires and required OSHA training and supplementary safety training for all employees.
- Drive cultural awareness and accountability of all employees by developing a close working relationship with all departments to ensure safety and training programs are effective.
- Interacts with associates to lead safety initiatives on the production floor.
- Communicate safety results, best practices and other significant information to appropriate individuals on a regular and timely basis.
- Ensure that health and safety trends are communicated to stakeholders.
- Ensure emergency response procedures are current and reflect site activities.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field, may substitute previous work experience
Experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience in safety leadership experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
Competencies & General Skills:
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
- Results driven, with excellent follow-through in your commitments and area of responsibility
- Ability to recognize and eliminate or minimize hazards throughout the organization.
- Ability to foster a cooperative relationship with various departments, regulatory agencies, corporate safety and operational leadership.
- People management experience with proven ability to develop talent
Merrick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro