Quality Assurance Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
At Merrick, we don't just make pet food. We make the Best Food Ever. Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare is a leader in natural and organic pet food. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. When you join Merrick PetCare in Hereford, TX you are not only joining a leader in natural and organic pet food, you are joining a tight knit community focused on creating the most nutritious and wholesome food for pets.
Join Us: Our growing company is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician that will assist with ensuring food safety, regulatory and quality initiatives are consistently met.
You will work with a team of dedicated professionals that share the same passion built on a foundation devoted to family and pets inspired to make the Best Food Ever for our furry family members.
This role will report to a QA Supervisor.
- Ensure quality standards at facility are achieved by maintaining documentation, effective communication and adherence of Quality SOP's
- Collect samples, perform all relevant tests and enter results from testing
- Record package line weights, monitor net contents control policy adherence
- Interact with plant and QA management for communication of any and all problems
- Work closely with process, packaging and maintenance teams to promote quality awareness and proficiency.
- Monitor the packaging process to identify non-conforming finished products and ensure they are prevented from reaching customers, using formal release, status hold, tagging nonconforming materials & finished goods.
- Calibrate and maintain lab testing equipment
- Insure tasks are performed according to standards and be willing to assume any additional tasks as required
1+ years manufacturing experience; prefer 1+ years Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing environment
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including weekday, weekend and holidays overtime as required to meet customer demand and quality department needs.
Preferred Skills: Detail Oriented, problem solver, ability to perform analysis and validate results, proficient in basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office applications, strong communication skills and organization skills.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Merrick Pet Care
ManufacturingView all jobs at Merrick Pet Care