Financial Accounting Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
At Merrick, we don't just make pet food. We make the Best Food Ever. Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare is a leader in natural and organic pet food. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. When you join Merrick PetCare in Hereford, TX you are not only joining a leader in natural and organic pet food, you are joining a tight knit community focused on creating the most nutritious and wholesome food for pets.
The Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the factory financial structure and providing accuracy in the forecasting, reporting, and analysis of operating costs. They also must ensure compliance with general accepted accounting principles, Nestle accounting standards, and company polices and procedures. The position is responsible for the continuous training and development of factory personnel on financial systems.
- Develop and manage factory budgets and costs to include assist in the coordination and preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Complete required factory accounting activities to include monitoring actual cost performance vs. plan and report monthly and year to date results.
- Develop and manage factory accounting personnel.
- Maintain factory compliance to include research, communicate and develop new or updated procedures as dictated by business needs.
- Coordinate a complete and accurate hourly payroll system.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or business equivalent
Experience: 3+ years' experience in general accounting, cost accounting, operations control, budgeting, and variance analysis
1+ years' experience managing people
Position: Salary Exempt
Location: Hereford, Texas
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Merrick Pet Care. The skills you have gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you will consider sharing in our values--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Merrick Pet Care home.
Merrick is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and looks for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Merrick Pet Care
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Merrick Pet Care