QA Tester, Technology Development
Merrick Bank South Jordan, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Define, develop, maintain, and execute test scripts on time and escalate issues and risks as appropriate to ensure project stays on track. Responsible for defect ownership from identification to closure. Ensures the product testing is complete and of high quality prior to sign off.
- Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to developers.
- Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
- Detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.
- Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
- Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.
- May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.
- Seek to recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation of such improvements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company policies and procedures, regulatory policies, and legal procedures to ensure all measures comply.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, and supportive attitude about the company and when working with co-workers, vendors and the public, whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person.
- Complete all other assigned duties and assignments as directed by the IT Development Manager.
Compliance with Laws & Regulations:
- Responsible for complying with all of the Bank’s internal control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all laws and regulations to which the Bank is subject.
- Responsible for communicating problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, noncompliance with laws and regulations, policy violations, or illegal acts.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 2 years experience as a QA tester required.
- A minimum of 1 years .net experience and 1 year performance testing preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, MTM, and the creation of Coded UI Test Scripts a plus.
- Experience working with Jira for project Management updates a plus.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of on-going issues.
- Effective planning, organization, documentation, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Must be responsible, flexible, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing; presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner.
- A sound commitment to provide the high level of service necessary for accomplishment of the job and organization objectives while creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; handle a variety of assignments simultaneously; and flexibility, ability, and willingness to work at a rapid pace in strict time frames.
- Professional demeanor and appearance are necessary as well as personal work habits that inspire the best in others.
- Ability to work independently and without direct or continuous supervisory support.
Our Valued Employees are provided generous benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Package -Medical, Dental and Vision (plus much more)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days
- Employee Events, including Employee Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, etc.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Merrick Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic.
Merrick Bank will do a thorough background check for all hires. The EEOC Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm Please go to our website www.merrickbank.com to apply and learn more about our company.
AddressSouth Jordan, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Merrick Bank