Project Manager II, Project Management Office
- Posted: over a month ago
The Project Manager position will serve all business areas of Merrick Bank (the âBankâ) and the Bankâs servicing partner, CardWorks Servicing, LLC (âCWSâ) through implementation of new or updated business processes and systems, as well as accomplish project objectives by planning, supporting, and managing all project activities. As the Project Manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. Project managers may work closely with upper management to ensure that the scope and direction of assigned projects are on schedule, as well working cross functionally with other departments for support.
- Responsible for planning, directing and managing projects from initiation through to implementation.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to elicit and understand Business needs to determine and translate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Responsible for managing project costs, resources, change requests, risks and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit is maintained as well as provision of regular project status updates. Develops project plans and ensures that the scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the project team from impediments precluding resources from making progress against milestones and deadlines.
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
- Facilitates discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and manage tracking of open issues/bugs.
- Create and present dashboards and status reports to management as required based on the project.
- Performs hands-on reviews of product backlog/requirements, designs, prototypes, and development results as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Ensures adherence to Project Management process.
Compliance with Laws & Regulations:Â
- Responsible for complying with all of the Bankâs internal control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all laws and regulations to which the Bank is subject.
- Responsible for communicating problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, noncompliance with laws and regulations, policy violations, or illegal acts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelorâs Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience is preferred.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Experience with Agile project management is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Banking industry experience is a plus.
- Behave Ethically: Understand and practice ethical behavior in all business and project practices, while ensuring behavior, and the behavior of others, is consistent with the standards and values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Scheduled hours are typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Occasional weekend or evening hours as workload and projects dictates.
Our Valued EmployeesÂ are provided generous benefits, including:
- Competitive PayÂ
- Benefits Package -Medical, Dental and Vision (plus much more)Â
- 401(k) Plan with Company MatchÂ
- Short & Long Term DisabilityÂ
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation,Â Holidays, and Personal DaysÂ
- Employee Events, including Employee Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, etc.Â
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramÂ
Merrick Bank is an equal opportunity employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic.Â
Merrick Bank will do a thorough background check for all hires.Â The EEOC Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmÂ Please go to our website www.merrickbank.com to apply and learn more about our company.
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Merrick Bank