Manager, Application Development MB
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting to and in partnership with the CIO, this person spearheads the Bankâs Development technology resources.Â Lead the software development team and provide technical leadership, mentoring and expertise. Oversee the planning, design, and implementation of both customer-facing and internal business applications, and ensure secure development practices are followed to ensure application technology compliance.Â Manages developers and the completion of projects, resources, capacity, and deadlines. Prioritize competing needs for IT development resources in light of management goals and objectives to ensure that priorities are met and resources are employed effectively and efficiently.Â Research, evaluate and recommend new and emerging development technologies to meet present and future needs of the organization. Develop and communicate organization's IT development related policies and procedures.Â Monitor and assess staff training requirements on technology related issues and organize training.Â Participate in all aspects of software development activities, including design, coding, code review, unit testing, bug fixing, and operations. Assist the CIO in the creation and implementation of the overall IT development strategy for the organization.
- Works with users and vendors researching and implementing new applications and technologies to support current and future business needs and programs.
- Manages Information Technology Development Department staff
Compliance with Laws & Regulations:Â
- Responsible for complying with all of the Bankâs internal control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all laws and regulations to which the Bank is subject.
- Responsible for communicating problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, noncompliance with laws and regulations, policy violations, or illegal acts.Â
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will possess 10+ yearsâ work experience in the IT/Software Development industry with general knowledge of operating systems, development life cycle, applications, databases, and various software development platforms.
- Experience with Jira or similar project management software.
- Architect level development skills (10+ years) preferred
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong project management skills with proper documentation and reporting systems.Â
- Familiarity with FDIC regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of relational database and client server concepts.Â Experience reviewing and selecting best-fit technologies based on project needs and cost effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Ability to effectively communicate IT development matters at the executive level and to people with non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines with constant communication to various stakeholders is necessary.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills required
- A mature, team player, with strong management and people skills.Â Demonstrated leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
Who is Merrick Bank? Founded over 20 years ago, Merrick Bank is a FDIC-insured Utah Industrial Loan Bank that originates loans with the benefit of low-cost deposit funding. Merrick Bank had $4.5 billion in assets and $3.1 billion in deposits as of March 31, 2021. Merrick Bank operates four main business lines:Â Credit Cards, Recreation Lending, Personal Loans and Merchant Acquiring.
Our Valued EmployeesÂ are provided generous benefits, including:
- Competitive PayÂ
- Benefits Package -Medical, Dental and Vision (plus much more)Â
- 401(k) Plan with Company MatchÂ
- Short & Long Term DisabilityÂ
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation,Â Holidays, and Personal DaysÂ
- Employee Events, including Employee Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, etc.Â
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramÂ
Candidates must have unrestricted authority to work in the United States without sponsorship.
If this position is based in our Woodbury, Long Island office or Virtual, please note thatÂ ALL the work for this position must be performed outside of the five Boroughs of New York City.
Merrick Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.Â We will conduct a thorough background check for all hires in compliance with applicable law which includes (but may not be limited to) a review of factors including the applicantâs employment/personal references and drug testing.
AddressSouth Jordan, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Merrick Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?