Director, Automated Operations (BO)
Merrick Bank South Jordan, UT
- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Merrick Bank is a consumer lender and merchant acquirer, and a people-centric, compliance-focused organization enabled by data and technology. Our mission is to delight our consumer and commercial customers and to empower underserved consumers to achieve their credit goals.
Founded over 20 years ago, Merrick Bank is a FDIC-insured Utah Industrial Loan Bank that originates loans with the benefit of low-cost deposit funding. Merrick Bank had $4.5 billion in assets and $3.1 billion in deposits as of March 31, 2021. Merrick Bank operates four main business lines:
- One of the largest non-prime card issuers in the U.S. (top 20 US Visa/MC issuer)
- Leading non-prime issuer of credit cards under the Visa brand
- Core customer base comprises US consumers in the 550 – 700 FICO range
- Long history of acquiring portfolios of credit card receivables
- Provides non-prime indirect retail financing through a network of dealers
- Originates secured consumer installment loans for the purchase of small boats, recreational vehicles, horse trailers, and ATVs
Assist the Vice President of Operations with the Bank’s operational activities by performing, or assisting in the performance of, the primary duties listed below. This role will have direct reports and sub-teams that perform analysis and tasks that focus on compliance, growth, and strategic infrastructure build. The Director will learn, train, and continuously coach employees while following change control and Bank policy. The role will be a change leader and work with key stakeholders in a positive collaborative way with all levels of the organization.
- To maintain a working knowledge of company policies and procedures, regulatory policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, and supportive attitude about the company when working with co-workers, vendors, and the public; whether contact is by mail, telephone, or in person.
- Responsible for managing the oversight of processes and procedures that are related to the Bank’s Operations Department including oversight of Operations vendors, Operational Tools and Automated Operations.
- Engage with senior management to develop and implement process improvement plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and analyze current issues and actionable opportunities, with recommendations for resolutions that address root cause and simplify processes.
- Drive effectiveness by addressing inefficiencies, waste and focusing on a culture of continuous improvement throughout.
- Consistently strive to be the functional expert of automated operations and tools to challenge and refine processes and functional requirements.
Operational Tools Definition: Operational tools are automated processes used by the bank or its servicer to perform repetitive tasks in an automated and consistent manner. These tools take data from the data warehouse and/or the user and perform calculations, make adjustments, memo accounts, etc.
Automated Operations Definition: Automated operations are computer programs that run regularly to automatically perform certain tasks, such as fee waivers, adjustments, assigning accounts to queues to be worked, etc. Most of these tasks were formerly performed by the servicer or the FDR system itself.
- Act as a Project Sponsor for new and existing projects as assigned by management.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and report milestone and potential issues with recommended resolutions.
- Complete all other assigned duties and assignments as directed by the Vice President or Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Manage Direct Reports
- Lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate direct reports.
- Apply strategic planning to determine company, department or unit objectives.
- Assist in setting employee goals and objectives.
- Develop staff to maximize potential.
- Delegate work duties to staff to attain objectives.
- Prepare all necessary performance appraisals and salary administration documentation for individuals directly reporting to this position.
- Ensure direct reports adhere to policies and procedures through the monitoring of employee tasks and responsibilities. Escalate any issues for resolution to the Vice President of Operations.
- Compliance with Laws & Regulations:
- Responsible for complying with all of the Bank’s internal control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all laws and regulations to which the Bank is subject.
- Responsible for communicating problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, noncompliance with laws and regulations, policy violations, or illegal acts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business is required, four (4) years of related and equivalent experience accepted in lieu of education requirement.
- Seven (7) years Operations or Banking experience managing complex operations processes is required.
- Two (2) years with direct supervisory experience of five (5) or more employees required.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Commitment to provide a high level of service necessary for accomplishment of the job and organization objectives, while creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ability to manage, organize, and control activities of projects that may be complex in scope.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of on-going issues.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure. Skill at handling a variety of assignments simultaneously. Must be flexible and have the ability and willingness to work at a rapid pace within strict time frames.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner.
- Experience with, and demonstrated skill to use the following: MS Office, systems of record in financial institutions, and employee performance tracking tools.
- Ability to interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and identify process improvements.
- Professional demeanor and appearance are necessary. Exhibit personal work habits that inspire the best in others.
- Ability to work independently, without direct or continuous supervisory support.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: Light
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Security Responsibilities - General:
This classification requires heightened security awareness to safeguard the Bank's data, including customer non-public personal information. This security level means that the job includes exposure to all categories of Bank data, including customer non-public personal information.
Why Merrick Bank?
For over 20 years, our Guiding Principles, such as doing the right thing, putting the customer first, and Earn, Learn, and Have Fun (E.L.F), have helped shape our world class organization into an Employer of Choice. We value our employees and provide generous benefits to include:
- Competitive salary (Salary: DOE)
- Benefits package -Medical, Dental and Vision (plus much more)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days
- Employee Events, including Employee Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, etc.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Candidates must have unrestricted authority to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Merrick Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEOC Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Please go to our website www.merrickbank.com to apply and learn more about our company.
AddressSouth Jordan, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Merrick Bank